Options

Recent gold shortage...

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Anyone been noticing a recent gold shortage? I mean more then usual. I get that gold is supposed to be hard to come by, because Glu wants you to buy it. But in the last week I have noticed it drying up in a lot of places. Winning or losing a game rarely results in gold now. The 10 gold videos on TrialPay are almost nonexistent, and even the 4 gold videos are very few and far between. The leaderboard has been tough to crack the top five lately too. The numbers are amazingly (oddly) high. I used to be able to grab 200-300 gold a day on average. Now I am struggling to get 100 gold in a week. Just curious if its my imagination or there has been a tightening of the fist when it comes to free gold.

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    You're not alone. It started a couple of days ago for me. I use to be able to watch 20-30 videos. Now it's only 2-3 videos.
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Same here, maybe Glu is on vacation!
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Anyone been noticing a recent gold shortage? I mean more then usual. I get that gold is supposed to be hard to come by, because Glu wants you to buy it. But in the last week I have noticed it drying up in a lot of places. Winning or losing a game rarely results in gold now. The 10 gold videos on TrialPay are almost nonexistent, and even the 4 gold videos are very few and far between. The leaderboard has been tough to crack the top five lately too. The numbers are amazingly (oddly) high. I used to be able to grab 200-300 gold a day on average. Now I am struggling to get 100 gold in a week. Just curious if its my imagination or there has been a tightening of the fist when it comes to free gold.

I know last week was hard to hit top 5 with at least a couple obvious cheaters. I saw you close to me on the weekly rankings. I had tripled my previous week's output, yet instead of 2nd place for the week I ended up like 16th. It was insane.

This week seems to be better so far, I have the week off so I'm gunning for #1 every day, and #1 for the week. Crossing my fingers for the full 3900 gold payout for that.

I have noticed the lack of output from the videos and the lacklustre free-gold offerings as well. As someone that has only ever paid $5 for gold (just to get rid of the ads), I have felt the squeeze from this.

I can't tell if the gold has been reduced from wins/losses though, I was able to get 150 today so far.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    Robotstove wrote: »
    I know last week was hard to hit top 5 with at least a couple obvious cheaters. I saw you close to me on the weekly rankings. I had tripled my previous week's output, yet instead of 2nd place for the week I ended up like 16th. It was insane.

This week seems to be better so far, I have the week off so I'm gunning for #1 every day, and #1 for the week. Crossing my fingers for the full 3900 gold payout for that.

I have noticed the lack of output from the videos and the lacklustre free-gold offerings as well. As someone that has only ever paid $5 for gold (just to get rid of the ads), I have felt the squeeze from this.

I can't tell if the gold has been reduced from wins/losses though, I was able to get 150 today so far.
    how do you cheat to get on the rankings?

but yeah, gold has been really scarce. those videos are super scarce now, especially compared to the previous weeks. i get 2-3 videos a day now; a lot of the times there's none. before i could get 30+ videos a day fairly easily.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Thanks Robostove. Guess I'm not alone on this.
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    To add insult to injury, they boosted the cost of all the packages up 16-20%.

Not that it matters to me though, I will keep playing for free until they finally make it impossible for me to progress without gold.

Will find another game at that point, I figure.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!