Options

7th Inning SP vs Pen Success?

Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
Any thoughts on success one way or the other going to the pen in the 7th if your ace is "tiring" but having a good game?

Comments

• Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    I have had mixed success. Yesterday I tried to have Sale go 7 and he gave up 6 runs in the 7th! I think if you have a good bullpen, use them.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    U definetly risk highly letting your starter go more then 6. Use the bullpen. Or if u must purchase an energy bar. But I would rather say use ur bullpen. Every pitcher should be at full strength when u use them. Emergencies happen and u may need to use a short relief pitcher more then one inning. If autoplaying on a bonus game u might be ok. But against human players, sub in!
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I actually don't mind using my SP into the 7th or even more. I only do so when I have a huge lead (more than 6 runs) and the opponent is much weaker. I won't do it if the game matters.
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    My starting pitchers suck much more than my relievers so I like to go to them ASAP. Then, if the game is close, I let each reliever go 2 innings each, to extend my bullpen.

If not close, just one inning each for the relievers.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I usually call the pen for the 7th inning since I usually find that my starter starts to crack in the 6th inning