Gluadmin: is this the end?

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
Could you please share any info you may have regarding this game. We are at region 10, is this the end? Many, if not all of us would like to know. Thanks~T.F
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
Prev1

Comments

• Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I'm thinking if there's no answer the game is over. What a shame, it had so much potential.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    It sure seems like the end. The last three regions all look the same with the same dinosaurs. I think GLU hired a team of chimps to finish off this game.
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    Well, think about it from their perspective. They have no obligation to keep releasing new regions. This a business. Their objective is to squeeze out as much money as possible, and only then would they make such an announcement. If they tell everyone immediately it will end, everyone will stop playing and they will lose tons of money they otherwise would have had.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Dino is/was their #3 money making franchise, so that would not make any sense. KKH is #1 (by far), DH 2014 is #2. I think they just pulled everyone to KKH.

VoXAaEN.jpg
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    Maybe they just want to move onto something bigger and better. The show can't go on forever.
  • fortesclanfortesclan Registered Users 29 Posts
    I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't gotten a video for gold for days. I live in Northeast America, and also play on android. Just more thoughts about the end being here.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    fortesclan wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't gotten a video for gold for days. I live in Northeast America, and also play on android. Just more thoughts about the end being here.

I've been getting them daily on iPad.

I get videos daily on my iPhone also. However, the 200+ per day has stopped.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts

I haven't had any opportunities for free gold in weeks. No videos, store flyers, cars.com, nothing. I never really had too many anyway, I was lucky to get five or six each day, on average. Now the spigot has been abruptly shut off.

Does this mean anything? *shrugs*
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Switta70Switta70 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Didn't you ever think about thaT the reason they haven't added more regions is due to them making a dino hunter 2015.
    A whole new app
    Whole new guns
    Whole tonne of adventure
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Switta70 wrote: »
    Didn't you ever think about thaT the reason they haven't added more regions is due to them making a dino hunter 2015.
    A whole new app
    Whole new guns
    Whole tonne of adventure

While nobody has said that there will NOT be an all new Dino game, I hadn't given any thought to the possibility. With so many issues plaguing their games, It's difficult for me to get excited about yet to be released games from Glu. We most likely would've heard here from people playing the beta version of any hunting games from Glu. But anything's possible.

p.s.- Switta70, I wanna thank you for the workaround you informed us about that allows us to still buy the Extinction with Crystals. That helps out many of us a great deal.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    I doubt that the game is coming to an end when it was released July 9th and it actually is a reliable Glu revenue maker. Perhaps there are issues with programming team/ updates/ glitches/ policy....
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    But if they have an idea that would make them MORE revenue, particularly if it were along the lines of dinos and/or Ice Age mammals, then it does make sense to cut this game and pool resources to the new game. Their resources are not unlimited. How much revenue they're making with one game is irrelevant if they know the can make more with another. I've been putting off purchasing an iPhone6 because of this game and now I ordered one and it's coming today. So if a new region ends up coming out I'll happily play from the beginning. If not, happy trails!
  • KillemDinosKillemDinos Registered Users 4 Posts
    in Switzerland I almost get no good Free Gold links, videos never worked. - @ casajr: as a regular shareholder in glu i monitored for 1 year all revenues and played a few games i otherwise wouldn't have. KKH is such a terrible game for me, i prefer highscore or skill games. so not everybody will play KKH and worse even spend $ on it. Fremium games are nice and I accept a company wanting to make money. so besides being sometimes involved in the stock i think currently DH14 grossing $ 38k on US iOS and Dino only ab 10k for the last few month, GLU found out they killed their baby with too high prices for weapons and upgrades. But i cannot understand why they dont fix it, they could come out and give us a second DH14-Dino and then players would be happy. If you want to spend time playing fun games you can (as i wrote in the other thread) you can play lower levels where the dinos are more aggressive and that is fun. Hunt with inappropriate weapons and get killed. i enjoy fighting a Allosaurus or else and getting smashed 5 times before i am fast enough with a bow. - anyway, we only can hope they reallocate funds to release more dinos and special hunts. They easily could emule level 7 animals etc. The software basic landscape is there, its not complicated to add a few other animals to bring variety up to a satisfactory level.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I don't get much gold here in China either. I agree with you on all points. My two teenage daughters played KKH for about a week, which is probably the proper demographic for that game. I don't even know who she is or what she does. It would be interesting to see what the Q4 revenues for Dino came in at.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Hi all, so Dino is still supported and updates are still planned. :) Hope that helps.

Also, don't take my silence as an answer to anything. ;)
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Incidentally, ya'll didn't really think we were going to let the game go out with a santa-hat-wearing-T-Rex did you?
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Hi all, so Dino is still supported and updates are still planned. :) Hope that helps.

Also, don't take my silence as an answer to anything. ;)

Glad to hear from you. Your silence was taken as the game was coming to an end. I'm hoping we go back to the earlier region format.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Incidentally, ya'll didn't really think we were going to let the game go out with a santa-hat-wearing-T-Rex did you?

Well, he won't be in time for Christmas! ;)
    Facebook player
    See guys. You got the soothing answer from gluadmin. Dino Is still alive, kicking and shall rise like the phoenix from the flame (or the geosternbergia from the lava) ;)
  • GlfjunkeGlfjunke Registered Users 68 Posts
    Same here, but it kind of looks like the party is over. Sad, because the graphics and the animals are amazing.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Well t'rex isn't wearing a night cap anymore so the update did something
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    From Jan 7, we have gone from "new updates are planned" and "can't go out without a santa-hat-wearing t-rex" to today's "no new regions planned" (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?125057-new-region).

That means either the game was taken off life support in the past month, or we are faced with nothing more than minor updates and the odd event with no plans for any significant new content (i.e. regions).

Casajr's chart (earlier in this thread) putting DinoHunter at #3 in Glu's revenue drivers was interesting. At the time, it was much higher up in the forum directory here. Today, it is the 8th game down the list in the game community directory.

I suspect that the position in the "Game community" directory is reflective of the game's activity/revenue generation/importance to Glu. If that is the case, it is worth noting that #9 (Amazing Battle Creatures) hasn't had a new thread started since January 4, and that was to say goodbye.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    As far back as I can remember, Dinos was well down the list of forum topics, but I could be wrong. Not that it matter, Gluadmin has spoken. That's bummer news to hear for sure.
    Facebook player
    Well, it was a good six months of Dino.
    Hope they get some new game out of a similar caliber that lasts a bit longer than six months...
    RIP Dino Hunter
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    A weapons sale would make sense as getting some replay value out of the region's we have with different weapons as opposed to just deleting the game
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I think it's some straight-up bull$hit! For them to throw in the towel on this game is crazy. Does it cost to much for them to make? They may want to re-think this. Dino fever will spread after that new Jurassic park movie is out.
  • NellypearsonNellypearson Registered Users 40 Posts
    Sorry for this post as had an operation last week so have missed lots of posts. Is this definately 100% over then as might as well just delete now instead of hoping something will come in the future?
    Thanks and apologises again
    Sorry for this post as had an operation last week so have missed lots of posts. Is this definately 100% over then as might as well just delete now instead of hoping something will come in the future?
    Thanks and apologises again
    It is over Nelly. Hope u recover fast from both operation and the sad news of Dino
  • NellypearsonNellypearson Registered Users 40 Posts
    What a sad, sad day. Thanks