Options

Your Worst 4 & 5 Star Players

champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
Lonnie Chisenhall 4* 6 6 2 -- All my current lineup players bat over .300 and Lonnie was always below .200. Just a terrible hitter. Easily my worst player who should be good. Eventually played the easy tournament just to replace him with Sandoval.

Alex Wood 5* 7 6 8 -- Never batted against him but everyone seems to rough him up. He has an ERA of 6.22 with 363.1 IP. My guess is his fast***** and changeups look like beach***** coming towards the plate.

Marcell Ozuna 4* 6 7 3 -- Batting .238 after 206 at bats. He's a sub for me now. Hoping to draft someone soon to replace him. He's slow, has a big a$#, and isn't a switch hitter. He has no tangibles.

Matt Holliday 4.5* 7 6 3 -- Batting .245 after 1245 at bats. I kept thinking he'd come around, but no matter how clean I hit the ball it's almost always a routine popup. He's also on my sub list but hard to bring myself to get rid of a 4.5 player.

I'd mention Kipnis too but he's been downgraded to a 3* player after the last upgrade.

Who are your stinkers that should be good?

Comments

• Options
    BravomanBravoman Registered Users 61 Posts
    My worst players is Hisashi Iwakuma 5*SP 5/9/7. His ERA is 7.81 with 180.0 IP.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    David Price, 8/9/7, ERA well over 5.
  • Options
    MackDaddyMikeMackDaddyMike Registered Users 45 Posts
    2 of my pitchers Jeff Samardzija 5* and Yusmeiro Petit 4.5*

Especially Petit, he is 7/9/5 and people, especially the legends, absolutely destroy him because of the low stuff rating.

Albert Pujols is also 4.5* I believe. Not sure on his stats because I got rid of him but he consistently grounded into double plays and flied/popped out.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I used to have Nick Vincent SR R 888. He was horrible. His era was up near 5 and it seemed like every inning he pitched resulted in 3 runs. I dropped him and have drafted him 3x since. They are really trying to jam him down my throat. Hitter wise, Carlos Gomez OF R 799 was really bad for me. Great numbers 799, but I couldn't get him hitting at all, BA easily below .260. I was full at the outfield position, and he finally got dropped when I drafted Dickerson for my bench. The step from a 7 hitter to an 8 is HUGE!!
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    2 of my pitchers Jeff Samardzija 5* and Yusmeiro Petit 4.5*

Especially Petit, he is 7/9/5 and people, especially the legends, absolutely destroy him because of the low stuff rating.

Albert Pujols is also 4.5* I believe. Not sure on his stats because I got rid of him but he consistently grounded into double plays and flied/popped out.

i'm convinced petit is one of the worst pitchers in the game. several three star pitchers can do better than him, imo. he has an ERA almost at 6 for me. not only will the CPU murder him, players routinely drop huge innings on him. he's given up 11 runs in an inning twice already.

for me, brian dozier is terrible. 4.5 stars but his 4 bat is just way too low to be any kind of effective. good thing i got murphy to replace him (who's hitting .350).
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    For pitchers: low stuff/arm + high control = trouble; high stuff + medium control = gold.
    For hitters: low hitting = trouble.
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    I long ago cut Ian Desmond a 5* SS with a rating of 5 / 8 / 9. That 5 hitting was too low, and his SB Rate compared to other 9 speed guys was very low. I have 4* Reyes, switch hitter. Love him. At the time I cut him, I didn't have another 5* offensive player.
  • Options
    yk3yk3 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I feel like lefty pitchers always perform pretty poorly, given the craziness of the platoon splits in this game and the number of righty hitters in the game, especially the good ones.
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    My worst 4* is Luis Valbuena 4/8/2

He hits around .240, but he is good at hitting a home run, too bad those are about his only hits