Options

Game reset

tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
I logged in today and the app reset me back to day one. 140 games and weeks of playing and work lost. Guys are nudging me to play and I can'play. No new, device no redownloading of app. Using an android. Also a frien using iphone had his reset today as well. Can we please get our history back.

Comments

• Options
    I also had network errors today trying to play. Works earlier today but crashed tonight. I've been playing ever day for weeks amd now it's all gone, help?
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I have an apple device. Both were lost for about an hour, where it would not log me in. But it came back shortly thereafter. Hopefully yours does to.
  • Options
    No it didn't recover my account. It thinks I'm still a new user.
  • Options
    Curren$yCurren$y Registered Users 8 Posts
    Game has been saying "Try Again" since yesterday evening. Friend also had his stats reset
  • Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    We are looking at this issue right now.

Do you all use a login for the game? Your progress is tied to the method you use for social network. This should be recoverable if you login again using the same exact way you logged in the game when you started playing.

This is explained in this article: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/tap-sports-baseball/?s=extra-extra&f=how-is-my-game-saved
  • Options
    Francis wrote: »
    We are looking at this issue right now.

Do you all use a login for the game? Your progress is tied to the method you use for social network. This should be recoverable if you login again using the same exact way you logged in the game when you started playing.

This is explained in this article: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/tap-sports-baseball/?s=extra-extra&f=how-is-my-game-saved

Don't recall selecting a social media and I didn't change or do anything with FaceBook. I have a google account and email which is the only email I would choose. also when I go to my Google account it says I have the game on my Samsung already so it is linked there still.

Should I go through the menu as a new user and link to google and my google email or wait until a fix has been found? I don't want it to override my account if I go ahead as a guest I.D. though. Please advise.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    Don't recall selecting a social media and I didn't change or do anything with FaceBook. I have a google account and email which is the only email I would choose. also when I go to my Google account it says I have the game on my Samsung already so it is linked there still.

Should I go through the menu as a new user and link to google and my google email or wait until a fix has been found? I don't want it to override my account if I go ahead as a guest I.D. though. Please advise.

There is no fix to be done as there are no failures from our end as far as this specific issue is concerned. What happened here is that your account got disconnected from the social media you have been using. You just need to reconnect it. Just login with the account that you initially used. that;s about it.
  • Options
    Francis wrote: »
    There is no fix to be done as there are no failures from our end as far as this specific issue is concerned. What happened here is that your account got disconnected from the social media you have been using. You just need to reconnect it. Just login with the account that you initially used. that;s about it.

This isn't an isolated incident. There has to be failures on your end. I have another thread and somebody's ipad did the same thing at the same time yesterday and I friend on an iphone had the same thing happen to him yesterday as well. these people are all in different cities as well.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?123942-Tap-Sports-Baseball-Reset-Everything-to-Day-1&p=249197#post249197

If I type my user name as tbatti it says I can't take it because it is being used. Used by me but at the same time not being used by me. It is definitely a Glu issue.
  • Options
    tbatti: OK, I'm not getting into this argument. I'm here to help you resume your game.

Regardless of who's at fault for this; here is what you (and all others) need to do to resume the game providing you have logged in using one of the social media logins when you first started playing:

Go to the Settings menu and LOGIN with the same account you used when you first started playing. Do not try to change your name or start anew game. you just need to login with the same account. that's all there is to it. can you try that? that is the only way to get back your game.
  • Options
    It's not possible to reach the Settings menu atm, it's saying "Try Again" everytime the app loads, it restarts it to the exact same thing
  • Options
    Curren$y wrote: »
    It's not possible to reach the Settings menu atm, it's saying "Try Again" everytime the app loads, it restarts it to the exact same thing

Check your connection (don't use cell phone connection, try a good Wi-Fi connection). This means the game is not able to connect to the server. Close it all the way and remove it from memory then start the game again.
  • Options
    That's the first thing I thought the issue was, since then I've been on two different Wi-Fi's and all places it usually works and still saying Try Again. When you say "remove it from memory" besides closing the app how can you do that further?
  • Options
    Double tap the home button, this will show you the multitasking screen where it will list previews of all apps running. swipe up to remove them from memory (if you are using an old iOS version, you need to hold down the icon until a red x shows up on the upper right corner of the icon).

See this article for more info.
  • Options
    I asked the team to look at the logs to see if they can find anything.

How many of you are stuck on the "try again" screen? can you give me your team names so we can try to see what's going on?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Joe_Q_PublicJoe_Q_Public Registered Users 6 Posts
    I am having this issue, but on steroids. I get the network error button at login and between every inning. After I tap the retry button, the games page begins to load, but then hangs for up to a minute or longer. Sometimes tapping the back button on the phone will resolve the hang. This is annoying but I can deal with it. What really bothers me is that every time I login am given a screen that says 'Login Streak Ended'. It's always day 4, and I missed out on $2000. The problem is that I am logging in every day, and frequently for several hours a day. I have been reporting this almost daily to the in-game help, with screenshots included. But I have gotten no response other than the initial autoreply. I can post screen shots here if you think it would be of helpful.
    If you can offer any insight into this I would appreciate it.

If you need any other details please let me know.

Sorry, I forgot to include the team name in the original post: Skankapotomus
  • Options
    St0n3St0n3 Registered Users 96 Posts
    Curren$y wrote: »

There are few others who had the same "Try Again" issue and reinstalling the game worked in this thread. You could try this too ensuring your game account is linked to social media. Let me know the results.
  • Options
    This did not work at all. In fact, it has made it infinitely WORSE. Before I could at least play the game. After uninstalling and reinstalling the game now crashes before it even loads. I get the android error: "Unfortunately Tap Sports Baseball has stopped working. Please try again."

I have invested many, many hours and quite a bit of real currency in this game. It is fun and contains many elements of gameplay that I enjoy. But among its many flaws is the truly terrible customer support. I began reporting this error via in game help last Sunday. I reported the problem daily through Thursday, Jan 15th and the only response I received was the initial autoreply.
    So I came here and received no direct response to my query but at least I was offered an idea which I tried and that has made my situation even worse.
    Will a Glu Support Staff please look at my help ticket and try to help me out? My only recourse at the this point is to quit playing. I am not starting from scratch again. I would assume your company would prefer to keep customers who have make in-game purchases.
  • Options
    This did not work at all. In fact, it has made it infinitely WORSE. Before I could at least play the game. After uninstalling and reinstalling the game now crashes before it even loads. I get the android error: "Unfortunately Tap Sports Baseball has stopped working. Please try again."

I have invested many, many hours and quite a bit of real currency in this game. It is fun and contains many elements of gameplay that I enjoy. But among its many flaws is the truly terrible customer support. I began reporting this error via in game help last Sunday. I reported the problem daily through Thursday, Jan 15th and the only response I received was the initial autoreply.
    So I came here and received no direct response to my query but at least I was offered an idea which I tried and that has made my situation even worse.
    Will a Glu Support Staff please look at my help ticket and try to help me out? My only recourse at the this point is to quit playing. I am not starting from scratch again. I would assume your company would prefer to keep customers who have make in-game purchases.

Sorry for the delay. Did you have too many inactive players on your account? Also, please let me know your Team name so that I can forward it to our team to check further.
  • Options
    There are no rules within the game for the 'correct' number of inactives, therefore I cannot state whether or not I have 'too many'. Yes, I have many inactives, but I do not believe that is an appropriate discussion for this issue. My team name is 'Skankapotomus', as stated in the prior post.
  • Options
    There are no rules within the game for the 'correct' number of inactives, therefore I cannot state whether or not I have 'too many'. Yes, I have many inactives, but I do not believe that is an appropriate discussion for this issue. My team name is 'Skankapotomus', as stated in the prior post.

You have 941 inactives, and that could the reason for the game to not function. Please check this thread where few other players reported similar issue and it was fixed by clearing the inactives.
  • Options
    As I said, I don't believe this is the appropriate place for that discussion, but if you wish: the game rules do not establish a maximum number of allowable inactives. The game in fact allows you to store inactives and to a degree encourages the collection of inactives since certain combinations of inactives give better draft picks when turned in.

Further, the game encourages the purchase of gold and spending of gold to purchase better players. However, the game does not allow the user to designate unwanted players. Therefore without removing these players from the pool (ie: retaining the them as inactives), it is entirely possible for a user to purchase $20 worth of gold and spend it on 18 or more players which the user has previously owned and threw back into the pool.

That is neither fair nor appropriate. As mentioned previously, this game has a lot that I love. It is quite possibly the most enjoyable mobile game I have every played. I have certainly invested more real currency into this game than I have any other mobile game ever. But the way drafting and inactives are managed is greatly flawed.

I have studied game theory to a small degree, but I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I believe this flaw creates a breakpoint user return. The target user is similar to me, I believe: one who thrives on the strategy element, enjoys the competitive real-play, but also enjoys the team-management aspects. Not being able to legitimately build or manage a roster breaks that aspect, and reduces the value of the rest of the game.

The only reason I have stuck it with rather than walking away in frustration is that I am in the legends playoffs. How many others like me have already walked away?
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    a simple fix for this problem is allowing us to drop individual players rather than having to remove all inactives at once.