memory leakage issue of this APP, PLEASE GLU fix it

jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
I am wondering why this APP becomes slow when there are too many inactives and I think I find some clues after several testing. There must be a leakage in this APP related to the player's avatar and UNITY3D.

One of the crash log is as the following picture. You can see that this APP is loading every player's avatar in a for loop. It allocates some local references in a loop but the programmer forgets to free them in the same loop.

I don't think JAVA's garbage collection will do it for you so you have to free your local reference by yourself.

1_zps84844029.jpg
2_zpsd1e699b7.jpg
3_zps0da6ceec.jpg

GLU, please do something about it. .
Please also note that eating too much memory will cause this application become very very slow even this application doesn't crash.

Comments

• SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    This is some awesome information Jemic. Fixing the memory is key. Another key issue would be to let us simply drop players we do not want on our inactives. We can't contain them all without lag. These seem to be easy fixes that we should not have to deal with.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    This is some awesome information Jemic. Fixing the memory is key. Another key issue would be to let us simply drop players we do not want on our inactives. We can't contain them all without lag. These seem to be easy fixes that we should not have to deal with.

I would like an option to turn off avatars in the short term if they can't put a proper fix in within a short timeframe.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Very nice to know, hope they fix this soon
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    The team is looking into this. thanks all for letting us know.
    Please do not post logs anymore. we don't need them. thanks.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    OK. No problem.
    Sorry for that. It seems that your team can reproduce it. That is great news!!
    try the game now. Your inactives should be gone or down to 1 player. Thanks.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Francis,

Ah.. Thank you. I can start the game but I lost most of great pitchers who were in my inactive list.
    Is it possible to restore below five pitchers back?

Johnny Cueto
    Masahiro Tanaka
    Jose Fernadez
    Dellin Betances
    Ken Giles
    jemic, please submit a ticket to the Customer care team so they can take care of this for you.

If you already have one, just update the existing one.

Thanks.

Edit: I was informed that they have already located your ticket and will address this for you.

Thanks

We are going to close this thread now that everyone is fixed and the issue is already in good hands on the team side. thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
This discussion has been closed.