Options

#1 or first round?

BroadStBullyBroadStBully Registered Users 6 Posts
Hi everyone. I was wondering if it's worth it to save up enough inactive to get a #1 pick, or just wait until I can get a first rounder. The lowest ranking on my team is 4* and I have about 4 players with that rating. Thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    I don't know exactly how Glu coded the probability into each pick, but if I were to speak from a statistics and probability standpoint, increasing the number of picks is your best bet, rather than the quality.

I tend to stick to trying first round, rather than #1.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Hello Broad Street Bully:

I can see the logic Robotstove's post, but I tend to disagree. I have drafted so, so many players, and can tell you if looking to build a really good team, draft #1 picks. Otherwise, you will find yourself sometime in the near future looking to upgrade your players. If you were to get a stud player from the First Rounder pool, it would be very lucky, and against the odds.

If your objective is just to have a decent, competitive team, then go with First Round picks.

Good luck with your picks and team.

Bottom line, there is a reason that #1 Draft Picks are 3X the cost.
  • Options
    Interesting. I wonder if Glu does indeed weigh the 5* / 4.5* picks more heavily for the #1 draft picks, then. Would be interesting to see some numbers.

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

• Options
    Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    Clearly they weight the picks. I kept track of results as did someone else and the results were strikingly similar (no pun intended). 1%/9%/30%/30%/30%. In other words, for Late Round that is 1% 3-star, 9% 2.5 star and 30% each for 2-, 1.5- and 1-stars. For #1 Picks that is 1% 5-star, 9% 4.5-star and 30% each for 4-, 3.5- and 3-star.

This is out of whack with how many players there are in each star category
  • Options
    Clearly they weight the picks. I kept track of results as did someone else and the results were strikingly similar (no pun intended). 1%/9%/30%/30%/30%. In other words, for Late Round that is 1% 3-star, 9% 2.5 star and 30% each for 2-, 1.5- and 1-stars. For #1 Picks that is 1% 5-star, 9% 4.5-star and 30% each for 4-, 3.5- and 3-star.

This is out of whack with how many players there are in each star category

First round picks have 7 options, do you know how the distribution breaks down in that case?