Options

Superstitions on #1 Draft Pick

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Anyone have any unique or interesting superstitions when making a #1 draft pick. i.e. time of day, do you say anything, keep eyes closed, save that 30 days playing #1 pick for a special time etc. You know in your head that it makes no difference and you are bound to get 3 star Jeff Baker, but you do it anyway because maybe it worked once and it may again.

As for me, when I pick one I scroll the screen all the way down and then back up to the #1 pick button and tap it. I always let the wheel spin through. (Never touch the screen to skip it) , and the #1 picks I have gotten for beating legends I hold onto for a couple days. I don't know. For some reason I've always gotten a good pick from that one. And lastly, if I make a #1 pick and the 3 star player I get is the exact same 3 star player directly above or below my pick, I immediately stop drafting. Lol. I figure that's a sign that it's bad luck time on the draft wheel.

Curious to see if I'm the only one out there with a superstitious routine.

Comments

• Options
    NTGNTG Registered Users 19 Posts
    I make my roommate watch because my team is better than his.
  • Options
    Born RoyalBorn Royal Registered Users 25 Posts
    l once pulled Troy Tulowitzki and Victor Martinez back to back around 2 PM EST on a weekday afternoon. Since then I wonder if there was something happening at that time or if I just beat Powerball-level odds to make it happen.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I let the wheel spin until it begins to slow down, then right before it stops I tap the screen.

Born Royal, even on my luckiest day I never had a Tulowitzki - Martinez type combo back to back. That truly has to be one of the greatest of all time.
  • Options
    J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Born Royal you can play buddy. Whooping my ace!
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Born Royal wrote: »
    l once pulled Troy Tulowitzki and Victor Martinez back to back around 2 PM EST on a weekday afternoon. Since then I wonder if there was something happening at that time or if I just beat Powerball-level odds to make it happen.

That's funny you said that. Awhile back I drafted Tulo and Victor within 2 to 3 picks of each other. I could not believe my odds. Close to back to back, but definitely remember it clearly. It was late morning on a weekday. I was working midnights and was about to head to bed. After I drafted those two, Im pretty sure I was up for a bit longer. lol.