Ideas to Improve Tap Sports Baseball

Born RoyalBorn Royal Registered Users 25 Posts
Firstly, I'm a longtime player but am new to the forums. I can't find a thread like this, so I figured I'd create one to share some ideas I've had for the developers. Not sure if they'll read this, but at the very least it could be a fun place to discuss ideas that would make the game more fun. Not the usual complaints like "Lower prices, make it easier to draft 5 star players, etc.", but ideas that could really ramp things up for a future build of the app.

1) Legends Franchise Coins - I wasn't originally a fan of the Franchise Coins, but since winning a few as prizes, I've come to enjoy them a lot. It gives you a chance to "test drive" a player and receive a boost when you're slumping. I'd love to see Glu expand on their MLBPA License and include a handful of legends in the game available exclusively as Franchise Players. I'd DEFINITELY pay to rent out George Brett or Bo Jackson for a few games and relive their primes. It'd be tough to include legends as players to own, but a Legends Franchise Coin program would offer a chance to increase revenue and appeal to an even wider audience.

2) Multiple Stadiums - This may be beating a dead horse, but having a few different field layouts would be so sick. I have a right-handed heavy lineup, so being able to purchase a home park that benefits righties would be awesome! If I had a speedy team, I'd want a big outfield to increase singles and doubles. A rotation full of lefties? A park similar to AT&T Park in San Francisco would be great. Again, this is a chance to increase revenue and add some excitement.

3) Edit Lineups - Let me start by saying the baseball AI for this relatively simple app is just outstanding. It does a great job of building lineups in a traditional sense, but sometimes it feels like the AI is jamming a square peg in a round hole. From my experience the AI builds a traditional (non LH/RH) lineup like this:

1 - Player with highest sum of contact + speed
2 - 2nd highest sum of contact + speed
3 - Highest sum of contact + power
4 - 2nd highest sum of contact + power
5 - 3rd highest " " " + "
6 - etc

This makes sense on the surface but the algorithms don't always match stats. When I have players batting .350 two spots below someone batting .225, it can get frustrating. Don't get me started on using the LH/RH lineup option... I'm lucky enough to own Victor Martinez (B 9/8/2) and have had him shoved as low as the 7 spot in the lineup against lefties because he's a switch hitter and not a righty, even though the righties have inferior skills and stats. Being able to play with lineups would be awesome. I understand it could be overwhelming for non-baseball fanatics, but it would make for a cool third option.

4) Balance the Playoff Team Rotations

I've stacked my lineup with righties because I know I'll consistently face 3 straight lefties when I play the Legends. Balance the Legends rotation to go Kershaw (L), Cueto (R), ??? (L), Darvish (R), ??? (L) so that it's a bit tougher.

5) One More Tier

When I first made Legend it was sometimes tough to find an opponent during the slow hours. Now I rarely get matched with the same guy twice. It may be time to add one more tier, even if the prizes aren't better than the Legend ones. At least that way I could be guaranteed to face tough competition and not beat up on guys who just came out of the HoF tier. Plus I don't know how many times I can read "Great job, now do it again!" and actually follow that advice... who am I kidding? I'll never get enough of this game!

6) Autoplay Hits & Runs NOT Counting in Daily/Weekly totals

I know this would bum out those who enjoy letting the AI play for them so they can get more gold so that the AI can enjoy autoplaying with a better team.

Any other ideas?

Comments

• solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    More options to pinch run, pinch hit, and take out SP. I want to take out SP before he gets roughed up. I want to PR/PH when I have a lead.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I always thought it would be neat if you got to choose a player after you beat a tier.

Like for an example if you beat the first tier you get to pick a 3*
    the 2nd tier maybe a 3.5*
    the 3rd tier a 4*

That way as you progress you have at least 1 player who should be good in the harder tiers
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    It would be cool if pitchers got tired based on total batters faced rather than just innings. That way, a pitcher going well can go longer and yiu we forced to take out a pitcher that is getting bombed rather than having the option to leave him in without lowered stats
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Good ideas Born Royal.

I started a thread on this subject (12/16/2014) titled, "Games Changes I would like to see".

Check it out, as some of the good ideas here were brought up.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Good ideas Born Royal.

I started a thread on this subject (12/16/2014) titled, "Games Changes I would like to see".

Check it out, as some of the good ideas here were brought up.

Here is the thread Lawman started and is talking about.....

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?121611-Game-changes-I-would-like-to-see
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Ok, the teams should be able to brawl!!!

Today I had Sale hit 2 batters in one inning. The next inning he hit 2 more batters. The next guy up hit a grand slam. If it was realistic, he would flip Sale off as he rounds the bases, both benches would have emptied and the fighting start!!
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    QL:

I really dig the imagery! If you are not already, you can start a career as a writer.

How in the heck does Sale hit 4 batters in 2 innings? Bizarre.
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Even more odd, after that game, I had a game that while batting, the opposing pitcher hit 4 of my batters in one inning. I think it was Wada.