Thanks for many hours of fun, Glu!

raptor obliteraterraptor obliterater New MemberRegistered Users 18 Posts
Instead of the nagging and moaning like so many on this forum, I thought I would represent those who truly enjoy the game. I have finally broken the 50,000 kill Mark in 8900 hunts including every hunt in the game and I intend to continue playing a lot longer. I am in no hurry for the next level. Actually I would prefer that they take their time and keep it challenging.
So on behalf of the non-squeaky wheels, thank you Glu for a fun game.

Comments

  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Experienced Member Registered Users 159 Posts
    Instead of the nagging and moaning like so many on this forum, I thought I would represent those who truly enjoy the game. I have finally broken the 50,000 kill Mark in 8900 hunts including every hunt in the game and I intend to continue playing a lot longer. I am in no hurry for the next level. Actually I would prefer that they take their time and keep it challenging.
    So on behalf of the non-squeaky wheels, thank you Glu for a fun game.

    How long have you been playing this game?
  • raptor obliteraterraptor obliterater New Member Registered Users 18 Posts
    since about a week after I got a Kindle early last year.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Senior Member Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Please, that's not going to help! They need new content added to this game..fast! I think many have said goodbye last week!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Bad nannyBad nanny New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    Instead of the nagging and moaning like so many on this forum, I thought I would represent those who truly enjoy the game. I have finally broken the 50,000 kill Mark in 8900 hunts including every hunt in the game and I intend to continue playing a lot longer. I am in no hurry for the next level. Actually I would prefer that they take their time and keep it challenging.
    So on behalf of the non-squeaky wheels, thank you Glu for a fun game.

    A little bit of a$$kissing never hurts....heeeeee heeeeeeeee
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Experienced Member Registered Users 311 Posts
    Bad nanny wrote: »
    A little bit of a$$kissing never hurts....heeeeee heeeeeeeee

    I was thinking the same thing when I first read this thread. No matter how much anyone loves this game the fact is that lately it sucks. Plain and simple. Not whining, nagging or moaning. Just stating the facts hoping Glu will eventually get the message.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Experienced Member Registered Users 442 Posts
    I am in no hurry for the next level. Actually I would prefer that they take their time and keep it challenging.

    Very confused by your post. What does this mean? Keep what challenging? I mean, if there's one thing this game ain't, it's challenging. It's the same six repetitive contract hunts which can be easily completed by virtually any weapon past level 5.
    Facebook player
  • SubH2OSubH2O Experienced Member Registered Users 603 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    Very confused by your post. What does this mean? Keep what challenging? I mean, if there's one thing this game ain't, it's challenging. It's the same six repetitive contract hunts which can be easily completed by virtually any weapon past level 5.

    There are six?
    Doesn't seem like that many.
    Too mindnumbed to care now.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • casajrcasajr Senior Member Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    There are six?
    Doesn't seem like that many.
    Too mindnumbed to care now.

    There is only one. Kill the {insert any animal} with a {insert any weapon}. Does not really matter which.

    @Bad Nanny - figured out a technique for getting the birds with the Gigawatt. Just keep firing and do an anti-aircraft barrage. I now have consistent 100% success.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Experienced Member Registered Users 442 Posts
    Oh yeah, me too. Funny, I hadn't even read that and have turned to the gigawatt for all contract hunts for a while. You can get way more than your required kills with it on every hunt but the birds.
    Facebook player
  • casajrcasajr Senior Member Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Me too. I found the gigawatt to be the fastest way to get everything. I like it on the little rodent-lizard things since you can get like 12 with 1 shot.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Bad nannyBad nanny New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    There is only one. Kill the {insert any animal} with a {insert any weapon}. Does not really matter which.

    @Bad Nanny - figured out a technique for getting the birds with the Gigawatt. Just keep firing and do an anti-aircraft barrage. I now have consistent 100% success.

    hi Casajr.
    I've been away from this game for the past few weeks as I tired of playing contract hunts.
    I too did figure out how to use the Gigawatt on the "birds". What I do is fire bursts of three and lead them.Sometimes I was getting as many as 3 at a time. My success rate is not as good as yours, I estimate 75%.
    The other contract hunt I like to make challenging is those little buggers with a bow. Sure, you can get 6 or more at a time with the Gigawatt, but it's better with a bow. Not quite as challenging as the birds but not bad. Hunting the birds with a bow is cool too. In both of these, I get them 100% of the time.
    So that's how I've made the contract hunts more interesting- using alternative weapons. But even that got boring so I don't play much at all anymore. I do check the forums every so often to see if Glu has made any improvements.
    I've also been playing Carnivores DH by Tatem. The graphics suck, it's no where near the standard of Glu games. But, it's a more realistic hunting experience in that you are mobile and you can relocate your position to ambush the critters. But again, the Dino's are cartoonish and no where near what one sees in Dinohunter.
    My dad has been taking me bow hunting for years for Whitetail deer (I've bagged 3) and the technique used is ambush hunting from a blind or tree stand, and this game is very similar to that experience. It's cheap too, a few bucks, and you can progress in a reasonable number of hunts.

    I wonder if dinosaurs taste like chicken? bet they do, lolololololol!
  • raptor obliteraterraptor obliterater New Member Registered Users 18 Posts
    I am at 9315 hunts. Reckon I'll break 10,000 before the next region comes out?
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Experienced Member Registered Users 311 Posts
    That's wonderful. After today's update I know you must be beaming with pride for your heroes at Glu. It's the love and support from fanboys like you that inspires them to create and release amazing content like we got today. Keep it up and soon you'll be at 100,000.Peace, love and happiness:)
  • Bad nannyBad nanny New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    I am at 9315 hunts. Reckon I'll break 10,000 before the next region comes out?

    If Glu has some sort of fanboy shrine, I nominate you for induction! Tremendous effort! Ahem...
  • raptor obliteraterraptor obliterater New Member Registered Users 18 Posts
    Well the game plan is 10,000 hunts and then retire. Currently 9820 with over 55,000 kills. Anybody want guess the kill count are 10,000?
  • SubH2OSubH2O Experienced Member Registered Users 603 Posts
    The game is dead.
    Go for 1,000,000 hunts. It will all be the same 5 R10 contract hunts over and over again.
    Better you than me...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • DinoDeerHunterDinoDeerHunter Experienced Member Registered Users 144 Posts
    Bad nanny wrote: »
    hi Casajr.
    I've been away from this game for the past few weeks as I tired of playing contract hunts.
    I too did figure out how to use the Gigawatt on the "birds". What I do is fire bursts of three and lead them.Sometimes I was getting as many as 3 at a time. My success rate is not as good as yours, I estimate 75%.
    The other contract hunt I like to make challenging is those little buggers with a bow. Sure, you can get 6 or more at a time with the Gigawatt, but it's better with a bow. Not quite as challenging as the birds but not bad. Hunting the birds with a bow is cool too. In both of these, I get them 100% of the time.
    So that's how I've made the contract hunts more interesting- using alternative weapons. But even that got boring so I don't play much at all anymore. I do check the forums every so often to see if Glu has made any improvements.
    I've also been playing Carnivores DH by Tatem. The graphics suck, it's no where near the standard of Glu games. But, it's a more realistic hunting experience in that you are mobile and you can relocate your position to ambush the critters. But again, the Dino's are cartoonish and no where near what one sees in Dinohunter.
    My dad has been taking me bow hunting for years for Whitetail deer (I've bagged 3) and the technique used is ambush hunting from a blind or tree stand, and this game is very similar to that experience. It's cheap too, a few bucks, and you can progress in a reasonable number of hunts.

    I wonder if dinosaurs taste like chicken? bet they do, lolololololol!

    i think they tasted like croc you know largmeat won't be took little time to cook so if you cook like chicken it gona tasted like rubber =P
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Senior Member Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    The game is dead.
    Go for 1,000,000 hunts. It will all be the same 5 R10 contract hunts over and over again.
    Better you than me...
    I think the game is dead. Glu admin answer was open-ended: Regions MAY be added....region 10 is the MAX. One could infer that this is the end, and then again I hope I am wrong. Waiting for Thursday. I stopped playing on Friday. 18000+ hunts, 100000+ kills....I am done unless new material comes out. I have played faithfully since July 9th...but this is the end of my daily hunts.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • TdubTdub Advanced Member Registered Users 706 Posts
    Would still like to see that screen shot....
    Say What??
  • casajrcasajr Senior Member Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    18000+ hunts, 100000+ kills...

    Same for me if you drop the last 0's :)
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Senior Member Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    Would still like to see that screen shot....

    http://s79.photobucket.com/user/smadbak/media/Screenshot_2015-01-20-07-48-47_zps7e373ac8.png.html
    http://s79.photobucket.com/user/smadbak/media/Screenshot_2015-01-20-07-48-31_zps10a186a4.png.html?sort=3&o=0

    I am not sure if this is working...first time I post links to pics...I was hoping the pic comes up ;(
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • TdubTdub Advanced Member Registered Users 706 Posts
    Strange...when I go to Game Center I am not seeing it. Oh well just wondered.
    Say What??
  • casajrcasajr Senior Member Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I am not sure if this is working...first time I post links to pics...I was hoping the pic comes up ;(

    For me, Imgur works the best. Copy and paste their BBS/Forum html code.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • raptor obliteraterraptor obliterater New Member Registered Users 18 Posts
    After 10,000 hunts (#1 on Amazon GameCircle) and 56,304 kills (I have my doubts about the 2 billion), I am hanging up my Spark bow for a while. Here are my conclusions for those who continue:

    Regions 2 through 5 are the most fun. The archaeopteryxes in region 2 are the most challenging flying critters because they are fast and are going through trees. The flying rhamphorhynches are fun especially when several come at once at you. On the ground the dromaeosauruses (region 3) will swarm you if you are not careful. The deinotheriums (region 3) are rare and charming but hardly count as dinosaurs. Personally I liked the triceratops the best as regular hunts and the thing with the sail on its back and moved like a genuine lizard as the best exotic hunt. The thanksgiving and Christmas hunts were hilarious.
    Now, when some of you hit 10,000 let us know what you think.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Experienced Member Registered Users 442 Posts
    I don't think Facebook even keeps a kill count. I was DEEP into my first game though. Starting over, I must say, this was a really fun and well-done game. Much better than DH2014, especially considering the exotics. Shame if they let it go.
    Facebook player
  • RWooldridge86RWooldridge86 New Member Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm done. It was fun for a while but I lost my passion for this game. I sure hate to give up but I see no use in hanging around. I have no desire to invest any more time in anything put out by GLU and I'll be checking closely to see if their name is on any game I load.
Sign In or Register to comment.