Options

Game changes I would like to see

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
Many of these topics have come up before, so I apologize for any redundancy.

1) Rosters should be allowed to have more than three substitutes. It's very difficult to get a stud player, and it just plain stinks to have to throw them into the recycle bin because he doesn't "currently" fit into your line-up.

2) Starting pitchers should be allowed to be replaced by another starting pitcher within the first three innings of a game. If you are getting bombed in the early innings, why not put in a different starter? That pitcher then should lose his turn in the rotation.

3) Manually setting your line-up the way you want it!

4) You should have the option to try to bunt for a hit, instead of just a sacrifice. If your player has a high bunt rating and high speed rating, he should have the ability to bunt for a hit.

5) When the defense attempts to throw your runner out at home on a hit, the runner (under the appropriate conditions) should advance to the next base.

6) Franchise Coins need to have value for trade in and/or purchase options.

7) Have a batter and pitcher of the week. Batters should be judged on average, offensive production, etc.. Pitchers on wins, SO's, ERA, etc.. It doesn't have to be a big prize, say 200 gold. More fun than anything else.

8) Start a Tap Sports Baseball Hall of Fame for teams that surpass X amount of wins. Say 5,000 wins. A one time achievement award of 1,000 in gold.

9) Implement a Customer Care process that is less frustrating. Generic responses, or worse, no replies creates malcontents and frustration among players.

10) Every once in a while (maybe beginning of baseball season and again at the All Star break), offer players for sale. Limit it to one or two per team. Make every player in the game available for a straight up purchase. Say 10,000 in gold.

I'll stop at ten suggestions. Please feel free to add more, or to critique mine.

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    ^^^^ Agree Lawman. Well thought out ideas. (#3 and 6 should be a must) I can't really think of anything to critique. I would add a couple small things.

1. Option to steal at anytime. Not just first pitch of the at bat.

2. Be able to see other teams hitters due up before you put in relief pitcher. That way you can choose a righty or lefty pitcher. (It would be nice to be able to see opposing hitters stats due up such as BA against R/L, but I figure that is asking too much)

3. Be able to pinch hit at any time during the game. At least allow the team that is ahead to do so in the late innings. Being up a run or two definitely does not guarantee victory. The option to use a pintch hitter to possibly add insurance runs would be nice.

4. Finally, just as the balk was added, a strike three pitch in the dirt that is swung at, can end up being a dropped third strike that is a wild pitch getting away from the catcher allowing the hitter to advance to 1st or the catcher is able to throw out the runner. The pitchers control rating would effect the frequency. Can be something that is rare, but a neat little rule in baseball I would like to see.

All I can think of at the moment. Think Lawman got most of the big ones.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Outstanding Amused, your suggestions are definitely on point.
  • Options
    Monkey ChickensMonkey Chickens Registered Users 9 Posts
    Can we get those poor catchers some gear? I'm concerned for their well being back there behind the plate with no equipment to protect them.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Or maybe every fielder not having the same number. And the odd prance /shuffle the infielders do to the infield pop up can change too. Lol
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Ditto.

Please also consider giving player a second defense position. That is how real MLB is.
  • Options
    StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Lawman, Amused and jemic are spot on. Great suggestions!
  • Options
    glworldglworld Registered Users 5 Posts
    things i would like to see...

1. box scores. this is baseball...so can we have 'real' box scores? every baseball game has real box scores...

2. glu rep. it would be great if we could communicate with a real live glu rep in this forum. someone to answer questions officially and acknowledge concerns. someone to really show that glu cares about us and its not all about the money.

3. pitching control. at some point for this to be a complete baseball game, we gotta have control over pitchers, especially when they getting bombed in an inning. they should be relieved but we have no control.

4. an expiration indicator. right next to the games being played. it would help me to focus on games that are running out of time first.

5. smarter baserunning. runners on 1st and 3rd...ground ball...runner somehow feels he has to run home and gets thrown out. why?

also i agree with everything previously posted...so yes please...

and a couple of last things-

1. why are so many pitchers able to reach 102 mph? they don't come close to that in real life.

2. why do the outfielders 'trot' to get the ball?
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Can we have an option to reset stats?
    I am glad to see the memory leakage issue be fixed by the latest release but the team/player's records seems to be another cause which will make the game slow.

BTW, sometimes I have to do some experiments, if I can start with a zero statics, it will be very helpful.