Tap Baseball Grand Championship

2Next

Comments

• Born RoyalBorn Royal Registered Users 25 Posts
    Wow, this really took off! Sorry for the late response, but let's get this underway. I used Random.org to compile first round matchups. They are as follows:

Born Royal v Brooklyn Lebos
    Jonnydaman v Starcats

SurfinZapdos v Unbroken Chain
    jasonkarwoski v The D-Train

1st Round matchups start now and must be completed by Monday, February 2nd at 11:59 PM EST. Good luck!
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Need jasonkarwoski's team name. Tried starting a game with jasonkarwoski but that team name doesn't exist.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Jonnydaman wrote: »
    I thought I was in the 8 spot?

Did you add your name to the list? I probably goofed. I just defeated Unbroken Chain. Go ahead and take my spot.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Started my game with unbroken chain.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Jonnydaman just whooped me pretty good (15-11), so he moves on.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »
    Jonnydaman just whooped me pretty good (15-11), so he moves on.
    Yep GG, high scoring game
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Won 7-1 against unbroken. good game man!
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Won 7-1 against unbroken. good game man!

Thanks bro. I had some family matters to deal with and hadn't seen that everyone was supposed to post all the stats til now. I apologize But I'm glad I didn't because my entire team isn't fit to shine the cleats of any of your guy's teams. Still, Anytime any of you, anybody at all, wants to play against me, I love a good challenge and as a lifelong Giants fan I like being the underdog. Thanks again StarCat and Surfin. GG and good luck. I'm betting on SurfinZapdos to win in game 3 of the "TGBCS"-Max
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Hey guys! I'm in middle of a nice game with Born Royal. Although I'm the underdog, I'm trying to pull an upset. I figured it's only fair to post my team's makeup.
    Brooklyn Lebos
    C: Y. Molina 4 1/2
    1B: A. Laroche 4 1/2
    2B: D. Murphy 4 1/2
    3B: P. Sandoval 4
    SS: J. Reyes 4
    LF: C. Beltran 4 1/2
    CF: S. Marte 4 1/2
    RF: M. Holliday 4 1/2
    DH: D. Mesoraco 4 1/2
    Subs: D. Velencia 4, E. Hosmer 4, & E. Gattis 4 1/2.
    Pitchers:
    K. Hendricks 4 1/2, H. Ryu 4 1/2, T. Cigrani 4, J. Vargas 4, & Z. Wheeler 3 1/2
    Bullpen: C. Villanueva 3, D. Otero 4, F. Rodney 3 1/2, C. Furbush 3 1/2, & the closer C. Withrow 4.
    As far as upgrades everything is 6 besides: hitting 8, trainer 7, pitching coach 9, pitch calling 8.
    So as you can tell my lineup is pretty solid but my pitching isn't the best.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Still no luck finding jasonkarwoski
    My team Brooklyn Lebos beat Born Royal 11-5. Nice game!
  • BelzerBelzer Registered Users 22 Posts
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Still no luck finding jasonkarwoski

I'll step in for him and probably get it handed to me.
    CC Blue Jays
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    My apologies fellas. I caught the flu and it's a really nasty one still not out of the woods, so if CC Blue Jays can still step in that would be great as I am in no condition to play.
    Hope you feel better soon
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    nyynym wrote: »
    My team Brooklyn Lebos beat Born Royal 11-5. Nice game!
    Ok so I guess that means I face you in round 2, should we wait until everyone else plays or can we start now?
    I don't have an issue starting now, If it's ok with the "commissioner".
  • Born RoyalBorn Royal Registered Users 25 Posts
    Time for Round 2! Congrats to the winners of Round 1 (especially Brooklyn Lebos who whooped me bad!)

Round 2 should be finished by 2/6 at 11:59 PM EST. Once the winners have announced themselves, they can challenge each other in Game 1. Remember that the championship is a three game series! Good luck teams!

Brooklyn Lebos v Jonnydaman
    SurfinZapdos v The D-Train
  • BelzerBelzer Registered Users 22 Posts
    Born Royal wrote: »
    Time for Round 2! Congrats to the winners of Round 1 (especially Brooklyn Lebos who whooped me bad!)

Round 2 should be finished by 2/6 at 11:59 PM EST. Once the winners have announced themselves, they can challenge each other in Game 1. Remember that the championship is a three game series! Good luck teams!

Brooklyn Lebos v Jonnydaman
    SurfinZapdos v The D-Train

So I guess I didn't get in? Was my game vs D-Train just for fun?
    My team Brooklyn Lebos beat jonnydaman 5-4. That was a great game! Scoreless pitching duel till the sixth, then after leading 4-1 in the ninth jonnydaman can back to tie it. But I scratched out a run in the top of the tenth to win it.