Idea to Rid the game of cheaters

J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
Now I know there are guys who use certain tactics to get on the leaderboards I.e. Autoplay bonus games and tourneys. To me I don't think that is a problem, but the guys who are modifying the game play by unlocking their iPhones or rooting their android devices I think is total BS. We know who these guys are, they have over 1k hits within an hour.

The best thing I can think of is for everyone to spam them by starting games with them. Does anyone know if this would be effective? Just an idea, I'll leave it to open discussion.

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Hello J. Lee:

While I agree that we all get frustrated by players that appear to be cheating, I do not think it a viable recourse to spam anyone. Creating a secondary issue to solve the primary issue would make us as bad as the cheaters. If in fact you recognize a player that seems to be circumventing the rules, you should immediately bring it to the attention of Customer Care and/or posting it on this forum for the administrator to see, and hopefully take corrective action. That's my two cents on the topic.
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Hello J. Lee:

While I agree that we all get frustrated by players that appear to be cheating, I do not think it a viable recourse to spam anyone. Creating a secondary issue to solve the primary issue would make us as bad as the cheaters. If in fact you recognize a player that seems to be circumventing the rules, you should immediately bring it to the attention of Customer Care and/or posting it on this forum for the administrator to see, and hopefully take corrective action. That's my two cents on the topic.

I agree with you. It should be taken care of by reporting these guys. I know other games that are set up so they can't be modified. I'm sure it will come with time, but it's very frustrating especially when you think you are in the clear on the leader board.... Then all of the sudden the last 20 minutes you are blown out of the water by hundreds of runs.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I haven't seen those cheaters for quite some time, and I don't feel it's necessary for us to do anything. If you find any suspicious player, just submit to Glu.

And maybe the "cheaters" were simply auto-playing. I think it's doable to achieve 1000 hits in one hour if you autoplay all the games.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    I agree that it could be auto playing. People but bonus games, or even save them up. Also, I have yet to see the same person with an insane amount of hits/runs/wins multiple times daily or weekly. However, I do sometimes see a person with no name, just blank in the #1 spot with an insane amount of the major categories.
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    The daily leader on my board has a blank name and has 950 hits and 1100 runs. Maybe he is really good at drawing walks!!
  • S-TrainS-Train Registered Users 1 Posts
    I would love to see them get rid of the Autoplay feature. It sucks that you have to mindlessly autoplay a bunch of games to have any chance at getting some daily and weekly gold.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    The leaderboard day to day cracks me up. I'll have days where the numbers are unbelievably high like hundreds of wins. And then I'll get a different group the next day an 11 wins nets you gold. We all wanted 1-5 to net gold instead of just 4th and 5th place. This is the result. I'll take it over the limbo of trying to fit into those two gold winning spots.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    I have found that I believe the groups for the daily leaderboards are decided based on what time you first log in during that specific day. For instance, if I am playing right at 7:00pm EST when the new day starts, I get grouped with everyone who first logs in from 7:00 to 7:30 or so. Then the next group starts after that, etc.

I can't figure out how many people get grouped together total, or how long each group is "open" before the next one starts, but what I have noticed is that if you wait several hours after the new day starts to log in, the leaders seem to have far lower totals by the time the day ends.

For instance if I wait until 7:00am EST to log in (12 hours after the day has started), I would expect that the current daily leaders would have tons of hits, runs and wins. However they usually just have a few. By the end of the day (7:00pm EST) the leaders in this group usually tend to have FAR lower numbers than the leaders do when I get placed in the group that starts right at 7:00pm EST when the new day starts.

Today 5th place in my group has 281 hits. I can almost guarantee if I don't login from 7:00pm tonight until tomorrow morning, then tomorrow's 5th place will have like 140 hits. Making it easier to get up that high (except that it causes me lost time tonight when I could be racking up hits).

Hope some of this makes sense. Seemed harder to explain than I thought. Lol
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Dtrain987,

This is a very precious information. I have tried log in/out/, res\install the APP...etc but I am still in the same group no matter what I do.
    The log in time must be the key which decides who will be in the same group in your daily ranking system.

I had an experience that I only played this game on Saturday, got 5 wins and got both weekly & daily gold.
    I don't know why until your article reminds me about the log in time.