Gluadmin: is this the end?

2Next

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I guess I can flush this $hit down the toilet! Thanks for nothing Glu!!

37YQdo3.jpg
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Yeah. Pretty frustrating, TF. Terrible fate after only six months of seeming success.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Well, they have 3 new mystery titles coming out the second half of this year. Maybe one of them is Dino Reboot. Or it could be Katy Perry goes Dinosaur hunting.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I guess I can flush this $hit down the toilet! Thanks for nothing Glu!!

37YQdo3.jpg

Not surprised you're peed off, it looks like you spent an inordinate amount of time playing this game. I gave up half way through region 9, hoping something new would get added, but now I know it won't be I won't bother carrying on with it. I'm still over 4,000 crystals short of affording the Silent Night, let alone the other one that I can't remember the name of!
    casajr wrote: »
    Well, they have 3 new mystery titles coming out the second half of this year. Maybe one of them is Dino Reboot. Or it could be Katy Perry goes Dinosaur hunting.

lol!!!! that was hilarious
    pistoff wrote: »
    Not surprised you're peed off, it looks like you spent an inordinate amount of time playing this game. I gave up half way through region 9, hoping something new would get added, but now I know it won't be I won't bother carrying on with it. I'm still over 4,000 crystals short of affording the Silent Night, let alone the other one that I can't remember the name of!

talk about inordinate: I have over one billion HB. 176,000 crystals, and have been playing faithfully on a daily basis since July 9. What a waste!
    lol!!!! that was hilarious

It's not as outrageous as it sounds...

oR8HUW9.jpg
    I think, in general, that Dino Hunter did not meet expectations. They made $10M and were probably expecting a lot more.

np5Lv9d.jpg

My feeling is that they kind of messed up from the beginning by pricing optional weapons at too high of a premium. Glu, like all other "free" game companies rely on IAP's to make money. These are usually done by less than 3% of all players. I think, by putting the premiums too high, this number went to 1%. Just my guess, I have nothing to base this on.

Interesting to see that KKH is taking a nose dive. This game was supposed to do $200 million. They are on pace to do half of that. Maybe Katy Perry (hunting dinosaurs) can change that.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Yet they keep frontline commando and contract killer sniper, and robocop! Interesting.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Yet they keep frontline commando and contract killer sniper, and robocop! Interesting.

I imagine the time (read: money) spent to produce Dino Hunter was much greater than for those other three games.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad

The previous chart shows total revenues for 2014. I'm not sure how much attention those games are getting now. The chart below shows Q4.

IjKP83K.jpg

Si Dino made $3M in Q4 as compared to $7M in Q3. Q4 was the disastrous R8-R10. So I guess $7M on launch was not enough.
  • AR-14AR-14 Registered Users 35 Posts
    If Dino Hunter is done then Glu better transfer the $50+ million I built up to my DH14 account cause ill be dammed if I'm gonna let that money go to waste
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    AR-14 wrote: »
    If Dino Hunter is done then Glu better transfer the $50+ million I built up to my DH14 account cause ill be dammed if I'm gonna let that money go to waste

Good luck with that.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    AR-14 wrote: »

There is no possible transfer. only thing you can "share' is gold if you are playing on Android. my 1 billion+ bucks are useless so are my 175000 crystals. Well it was a fun 5 months (until region 8). Life goes on...
  • Jeffrey sturnickJeffrey sturnick Registered Users 23 Posts
    Why did you tell us the game is not over? Not long after you posted that we were told that the game is over and not supported anymore. I don't like being told lies and it is disrespectfull to us consumers who have supported this game. We deserve better than that! Now apologize for lying to us all!
  • buckmaster102buckmaster102 Registered Users 16 Posts
    It's the end for me I deleted from my iPad went to DH2014 not wasting my time with Dino hunter anymore and I went to Apple did a post there after r10 that's it game over if everyone just delete it move on
    Why did you tell us the game is not over? Not long after you posted that we were told that the game is over and not supported anymore. I don't like being told lies and it is disrespectfull to us consumers who have supported this game. We deserve better than that! Now apologize for lying to us all!

Well, no one from Glu will blatantly tell you the game is over. The answer was that there are no plans for new regions. So, technically no one cheated or lied to us. It seems that the game did not achieve the projected income it was supposed to get, or some other internal issue. bottom line...it is the end.
  • Jeffrey sturnickJeffrey sturnick Registered Users 23 Posts
    That's very true. I agree with you, all except for us getting cheated. changing the currency to crystals at the end of the game cheated us out of using all the hunter bucks we have earned. That is a fact. New players please be informed that when you reach region 8, hunter bucks are usless.
    That's very true. I agree with you, all except for us getting cheated. changing the currency to crystals at the end of the game cheated us out of using all the hunter bucks we have earned. That is a fact. New players please be informed that when you reach region 8, hunter bucks are usless.

Hunter bucks are not useless. I had to start over because of a phone upgrade. I am constantly doing contract hunts to earn hb's for weapon upgrades. I don't have the luxury of doing endless contract hunts waiting for the next region. I finish a region and go right to the next. If you haven't started over you might want to try it. It's a lot of fun. I'm on region 8, the ar series. I'll probably quit after region 8 because I know region 9 is a bore.

I even started dh14 over and it's so much fun. I'm on region 13 and waiting for hr5 to open up.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    How do you start over and keep your hunter bucks? That's a new one on me.
    Facebook player
    blue ridge wrote: »
    How do you start over and keep your hunter bucks? That's a new one on me.

You don't. You start from scratch.
  • dave53579dave53579 Banned Users 73 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Hi all, so Dino is still supported and updates are still planned. :) Hope that helps.

Also, don't take my silence as an answer to anything. ;)
    so what you are saying is that YOU ARE A LIAR???? here is your post from a month ago Quote Originally Posted by silent witness View Post
    when will the new region coming out to play. I hope it is soon.
    Glu admin....There are no plans at this time for a new region, but that may change. then why still have the app??? God I love a good LIAR!