Tanaka 7/9/8
GS 28, QS 20, ERA 3.94, WHIP 1.17, BAA .272

Jose Fernandez 9/5/9
GS 77, QS 53, ERA 3.56, WHIP 1.25, BAA .246

Kenley Jansen 9/7/9
IP 147, ERA 4.10, WHIP 1.23, BAA .267

Greg Holland 9/5/9
IP 37, ERA 4.62, WHIP 1.41, BAA .265

I had such high expectation for those guys, and man, am I disappointed! One thing they have in common: capable of giving up huge innings to any team! I know the sample sizes may be too small, but they are just too wild for me to give them any more time.

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeHermanGeorgeHerman Registered Users 11 Posts
    Honestly, I was better off with RA Dickey, a 3 star bum, compared to guys like Strasburg when it comes to facing humans.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Solermen, the problem is that by now most legend human players have seen those pitchers so many times that they know how to hit them. Back when I faced Jensen and Holland for the first few times, I couldn't touch them. So I got excited to get them. But now I see them against almost any team I play and I know how to hit them. Same with other human players in this game. I have those four guys, and I will say for me all of them their era is below 3. Are u at 9 in both pitching upgrades? Even 4 and 4.5 star pitchers can be harder at times to face because you have not seen them as often.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Solarmen:

I dropped Holland from my relief pitchers, as he was getting lit up. Tanaka pitches well for a stretch, then gets bombed. His ERA is at 3.57. I tend to agree with Amused that because everyone wants an elite 5 star player, not only do players face them against the Legends, but now get used to them from facing human rosters.

I used to have a hard time with Jansen, and now I can't remember the last time he blanked me. Believe it or not, the lowest ERA on my relief staff is Grilli at 2.37, and he's a 4.5 star player.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the ERA's of my relievers, when the highest rated pitcher in the game (Kershaw) gets rocked all the time. I got so sick of it, I dropped him from my starting 5!!!
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    wow, surprised jansen has been doing so poorly! he's doing really well for me against humans. i used grilli for a long time and he did very well for me, too.

fernandez and tanaka are too easy to hit. kershaw is the most hittable 5 star pitcher, imo. i love seeing him. i'd say 2/3 of the pitches he throws are hittable strikes.

chris sale was actually at the top of my most disappointing players list. he had an ERA at 5 for the first 100IP. he's now at 573IP and his ERA is 3.16 with a 61-8 record.

i don't have too many disappointments because i expected a lot of them to do poorly.

i'm actually pleasantly surprised by madbum. i pitch him exclusively against humans and he has a 38-2 record with mid 2's ERA. i imagine he must be dodging some of you heavy hitters on here!
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Yay

Sale is the hardest lefty pitcher to hit in this game. That being said, he falls into the category of LEFTY, which means he is doomed!

The Bum is very good against humans, but not against Legends. I put him in the same class as Lester.

One reliever I didn't mention that is very solid is Robertson. His ERA is currently at 2.41.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Lawman. I had Robertson a couple different times and struggled a lot vs human and CPU opponents. His era was always around 4. I dropped him twice. And I always thought that Baumgardner was much easier to hit then Sale. Almost Kershawesk at times. As for relievers, I at first didn't have the most faith in him, but he has become my most reliable reliever and that's Bellin. Melencon has always been solid for me both agains CPU and human players. He's been my closer forever and has a 94% save success rate with an era around 2.30. I guess each reliever has succes with some and not others. Perkins, despite being a lefty has given me fits for a while, until I saw him more and now he's pretty hittable.
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Lawman. I had Robertson a couple different times and struggled a lot vs human and CPU opponents. His era was always around 4. I dropped him twice. And I always thought that Baumgardner was much easier to hit then Sale. Almost Kershawesk at times. As for relievers, I at first didn't have the most faith in him, but he has become my most reliable reliever and that's Bellin. Melencon has always been solid for me both agains CPU and human players. He's been my closer forever and has a 94% save success rate with an era around 2.30. I guess each reliever has succes with some and not others. Perkins, despite being a lefty has given me fits for a while, until I saw him more and now he's pretty hittable.

i agree about bumgarner. sometimes he gets way too strike happy when i face him and i can string several hits together. but he's much better than kershaw, imo.

sale is tough to hit but of course gets crushed by the legends.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I play bonus games as soon as I have 8000 blue cash so my pitchers probably face as many human players as they do CPUs. And Tanaka/Jose/Jansen/Holland struggle at both!

On the bright side, Uehara has a 2.1 ERA after 350 IP, so he works out fine. Bellin is at 3.00 ERA in about 100 IP. I put him at SM to give hime more innings and see how he works. When facing Legends, I put him at SP1 and have Melancon at SM. At least I have three good arms in bullpen.