Idea: Allow us to drop players

Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
How about it Glu? That would allow us to keep players we aren't ready to trade in and keep our games working fast.

Comments

• gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing. I have so many inactives I am unable to swap my 5 star players to see which lineup I like best.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I agree. We are not asking to trade them in. Just drop them from our inactives to clear space and be able to keep fringe players that do not fit as a sub.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Amused,

I have not played in over a week. I saved up my cash, and gold for months and drafted all 2nd round, 1st round and #1 Draft Picks. I chose not to draft late rounders. I know have 783 inactives. I am still able to play, but it takes forever to load, and between innings is just as bad. It's just no fun at all. I too have contacted Customer Care (about a week ago) and am waiting for a reply. In the interim, I would rather not play.

I can adjust my line-up and pitching, but it takes a lot of time & patience, something I was not blessed with!

I guess my team is more like trading cards now, I can look at them and view their statistics, but not much else. I am hopeful in the long run things will work out.

Just so you know, I tried your tournament strategy for a while, but it seemed like it would have taken a month to get all the players I wanted. Like I said, I just didn't have the patience.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Oh yeah lawman. I completely understand. I'm in the process of just getting all players and am currently at 540 inactives. The lag is getting worse so I too have been playing less. I just don't have the patience.
    After doing the tourney thing, I have all the 5 star players and only 70 inactives. So I'm able to play and switch players out to try them. I just think that this game was not made to hold hundreds if not a thousand inactives. I hope they are able to fix it so you can hold that many inactives and still play. But Lawman, I figured your team would have no problem winning the tournament. At 400 gold a 5 star player it's a pretty good deal. It takes time, sure, but the payout of having all the 5 star players is worth it in the end. We have been playing since August. What's one more month of work. :)
    I guess Amused, but I wanted all the 4 players too. I'm pretty sure that a few of them will rise to a 5 star rating, and I don't ever want to do the draft thing again!!! I'm fairly confident that GLU will eventually adopt a system which will allow players better control of their inactives.

I agree that your tourney strategy was in fact a better and cheaper way to obtain the 5 star players. However, Like I said, I wanted the 4 star guys as well.
    Makes sense. There are going to be players that will move up to 5 star caliber next year. I figured I would wait and grab them when they become 5 star and get them in the tournament. Think we are both thinking long term.
  • yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Makes sense. There are going to be players that will move up to 5 star caliber next year. I figured I would wait and grab them when they become 5 star and get them in the tournament. Think we are both thinking long term.

they really do need to let us drop players.

also, i think i'm covered for the future. i have every 3-5* player so it's likely i have all the players that are gonna be upgraded already.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    This feature is always an high wanted one.
    I think implementing this feature is easier than other features like tournaments, league games...etc but till now we don't see any move been taken by GLU for this.
    It is possible that there might be some concern inside the TSB team because drafting all the players gonna be a game killer(easy to do and everybody can do to have a great team) and this is something they don't want to see.
    Maybe they will just leave the game as what it is right now.
    Hello Jemic,

You are right! The drafting of players, has to be of one TSB's biggest revenue generators. However, ask yourself, does the small sample size of the individuals on this board truly represent the average player? I would think less than 1% of people that play this game actually have drafted all available players. Also, having the cash and gold on hand to accomplish this takes months and months of solid game play. Is this not what TSB and GLU want to see?

As I have told you before Jemic, you are a very smart man. You probably understand the design of this game's platform better than anyone. With that said, if you tell me that implementing a feature to remove or help manage your inactive players would be fairly easy, I believe you. This all goes back to the argument that TSB does not want individuals "hoarding" players. But, wouldn't it make their lives easier to adopt a solution, rather than tasking Customer Care with handling each request individually?

After giving this matter much thought, I am convinced we will see a player management feature soon.
  • westbury dragonswestbury dragons Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Customers should not be penalized for spending money on players, increasing their inactives list. People are spending less money to avoid the app from crashing and creating enormous lagg time.

Glu should make it so we can delete 25 players per every gold coin spent. This will make the loyal customers happy and continue for glu to increase their revenue.
    Just a simple swipe to the left on the player you want gone and a red delete button shows up to delete the inactive is all that I'm asking for.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    While we're at it, wouldn't it be nice to have a team of 25 players, just like in real team in MLB?
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Just a simple swipe to the left on the player you want gone and a red delete button shows up to delete the inactive is all that I'm asking for.

Agreed! Seems like a reasonable addition.
    I think my friend Amused has offered a viable option to our current dilemma.

However, why should a player be penalized for acquiring players? It seems to me that anyone that has earned enough cash and gold to obtain every available player should get to use them as he/she sees fit. I don't believe anyone on this forum has broken a TSB rule, since the players are offered for sale via the draft. To the best of my knowledge, TSB has never posted a player limit as part of a guideline or rule. Obviously, they are aware of the situation as evident by the Android update addressing the matter.

I'm hoping that an iOS update is in the works, as Infor one would like to keep most of my players.