Matt Harvey?

Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
Is he in the game? Not sure I've ever played against him.

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Clark:

As far as I know, he is not a player in TSB. Probably because he had no stats for 2014. I would guess if he has a good Spring Training, he might enter the game with a 4.5 star rating. If I remember right, didn't he get the starting nod in the All Star Game in 2013?
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Clark:

As far as I know, he is not a player in TSB. Probably because he had no stats for 2014. I would guess if he has a good Spring Training, he might enter the game with a 4.5 star rating. If I remember right, didn't he get the starting nod in the All Star Game in 2013?

Yeah, he was. I'd really like to have him when he is added.

I gotta think he will be 979 or 989
  • BravomanBravoman Registered Users 61 Posts
    Clark22 wrote: »

I think Matt Harvey will be 748 , 4.5 star SP

And do you think Alex Rodriguez stats ?
    I'm going to guess that Harvey will be rated at 8/7/7.. As for Alex Rodriguez, maybe 5/7/2 and a 3.5 star rating.

Clark, before you started this thread, I totally forgot about Harvey. If (and it's a big if), he comes back healthy, he certainly can be an elite pitcher. I would put him in the same category as Kluber.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Clark22 wrote: »

Chris Sale is the only 989 right now, his 2014 stats:
    26 GS, 174 IP, 2.17 ERA, 6.7 H9, 0.7 HR9, 2.0 BB9, 10.8 SO9, 0.966 WHIP

Here is Harvey's 2013 stats:
    26 GS, 178 IP, 2.27 ERA, 6.8 H9, 0.4 HR9, 1.6 BB9, 9.6 SO9, 0.931 WHIP

In the same number of games started, Harvey has given up less HRs, which should increase his arm rating. But he has also less SO, which should decrease his arm rating. So his arm rating should be somewhat similar to Sale and may be one point less.

He has less BB, which should increase his control rating.

Also looking at King Felix in 2014:
    34 GS, 2.14 ERA, 6.5 H9, 0.6 HR9, 1.8 BB9, 9.5 SO9, 0.915 WHIP

Felix actually has given up more HR and BB every 9 innings than Harvey, and his control is 9. So I guess Harvey's control should be 9. Felix has just about the same SO as Harvey (again, per 9 innings), so his arm rating (7) should be somewhat the same as Harvey.

I don't know how Glu evaluates stuff, but I think Harvey should be a 8 or 9 given his ridiculous stats.

In short, if Glu takes Harvey's 2013 stats, his rating should be 8/9/9 or 8/9/8.
    Great research Solarmen! I did a bit of due diligence, and it looks like Harvey has 4 pitches in his repertoire. So, stuff should be around 8. I had initially guessed 8/7/7, but based on what you have shown me, I will up his stas to 8/9/8. Like I said, Kluber is 8/8/8, so my comparison is not too bad.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I decided to dig it a little deeper and see how Glu really rated SPs.

Here is a few star pitchers that we talk about all the time:
    2v30diw.png

As you can see, ARM rating is directly related to SO per 9 innings. The more SO you have, the higher the ARM ranking.

CONTROL rating is mostly related to BB per 9 innings. Jose Fernandez is the only outlier. He gives up less BB than Cueto but has a lower CONTROL.

20qfm1.png

I was not sure how STUFF was rated. It doesn't look like it was based on the number of pitches one has. Darvish has like a million pitches, but he's got a less than perfect 8 rating. Then I though it could be the number of hits given up per 9 innings, because better stuff means more difficult to make solid contact and thus lower hits. It turned out it was not the case. I then sorted out the table a few times, and finally found that STUFF rating was actually perfectly related to ERA... Jose Fernandez was again an outlier.

2heyrkn.png

So ladies and gentlemen, after careful consideration, Harvey is going to be a 7/9/9.
    Outstanding Solarmen. If TSB is true to form, 7/9/9 will make Harvey a 5 star pitcher and a righty. Now I have to see if he will make my starting rotation.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If I had to guess I would say that he won't be added until he's established himself in 2015. I'm a big fan though, so hopefully we see him soon.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    What types of pitches does Harvey throw?
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    What types of pitches does Harvey throw?
    MLB the show had him with fastball curve slider change
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    So your standard 4. If they give hm 9 stuff he'd prob be good against cpu
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Jonnydaman wrote: »
    MLB the show had him with fastball curve slider change

Almost as the same as Jose. If his stats is 7/9/9, he will become quite hittable possibly.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »
    Chris Sale is the only 989 right now, his 2014 stats:
    26 GS, 174 IP, 2.17 ERA, 6.7 H9, 0.7 HR9, 2.0 BB9, 10.8 SO9, 0.966 WHIP

Here is Harvey's 2013 stats:
    26 GS, 178 IP, 2.27 ERA, 6.8 H9, 0.4 HR9, 1.6 BB9, 9.6 SO9, 0.931 WHIP

In the same number of games started, Harvey has given up less HRs, which should increase his arm rating. But he has also less SO, which should decrease his arm rating. So his arm rating should be somewhat similar to Sale and may be one point less.

He has less BB, which should increase his control rating.

Also looking at King Felix in 2014:
    34 GS, 2.14 ERA, 6.5 H9, 0.6 HR9, 1.8 BB9, 9.5 SO9, 0.915 WHIP

Felix actually has given up more HR and BB every 9 innings than Harvey, and his control is 9. So I guess Harvey's control should be 9. Felix has just about the same SO as Harvey (again, per 9 innings), so his arm rating (7) should be somewhat the same as Harvey.

I don't know how Glu evaluates stuff, but I think Harvey should be a 8 or 9 given his ridiculous stats.

In short, if Glu takes Harvey's 2013 stats, his rating should be 8/9/9 or 8/9/8.

Nice! I agree and hope he is added soon
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    jemic wrote: »
    Almost as the same as Jose. If his stats is 7/9/9, he will become quite hittable possibly.

It all depends on what kind of pitches they give him. If he only has one fastball he'll be hittable.