Options

Which relievers?

jays9293jays9293 Registered Users 18 Posts
I'm at the legends level, but haven't been able to win a playoff series yet.

My lineup is really strong, but my pitching, especially relief, needs help. I currently have 6 decent relivers on my roster and am trying to figure out which ones to use in my playoff series.

Maness (R) 3-9-7 (3.5*)
Furbush (L) 9-4-7 (3.5*)
Ramos (R) 8-1-9 (3.5*)
Broxton (R) 5-4-9 (3.5*)
Chapman (L) 9-1-9 (4*)
Soria (R) 9-6-7 (4*)

I know the real answer is that this bunch isn't good enough to beat the Legends - but this is where I'm at.

I know stuff is the key at this level, but is 9 stuff with control of 1 good enough?

Who would you go with (and in what order)?

Comments

• Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Jays:

I think in order to beat Legends, you are going to have to score a lot of runs. If your starters are solid, try and go with your best right handers, they will give you the best chance. Like every other form of game, luck certainly plays a role. If you have just one or two strong righties, just use them by using ice wraps.

As for your relievers, I would put them in the following order: Broxton, Chapman, Ramos, Furbush, Soria.

Good luck
  • Options
    jays9293jays9293 Registered Users 18 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Jays:

I think in order to beat Legends, you are going to have to score a lot of runs. If your starters are solid, try and go with your best right handers, they will give you the best chance. Like every other form of game, luck certainly plays a role. If you have just one or two strong righties, just use them by using ice wraps.

As for your relievers, I would put them in the following order: Broxton, Chapman, Ramos, Furbush, Soria.

Good luck

Thanks Lawman!

Unfortunately, my starters aren't great - not bad, but not ideal for Legends:
    Richards (R) 6-5-8 (4.5*)
    Lester (L) 7-8-8 (5*)
    Cingrani (L) 8-2-8 (4*)
    Vargas (L) 4-8-6 (4*)
    Gonzalez (L) 7-4-7 (4*)

Richard is my only righty, and he does OK against them, so I ice pack him a lot. Lester is hit and miss, the other 3 get crushed.

Just lost another playoff series (lost the last 2 games by 1 9th inning run each). I'll keep at it ;)
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Jays:

I think you have the right idea. Richards and Lester should give you a decent chance. You will beat them, just keep trying. Score, score, and score some more!!!