Bunting

RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
Does anyone bunt regularly?

If so, when do you generally bunt, and why? Have you had much success with bunting and still getting on base?

I have done it a couple times now and I'm interested to see if anyone bothers with bunting at all.

Also, for everyone, what do you all have your bunt setting on, in the team strategy options?
In-game name: Robotstove
In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!

Comments

• dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    My bunt setting is on Average. I generally never bunt unless it's a really tight game. It took me hundreds of games before I finally got the "total team sacrifices" reward. Now that I have an elite lineup, I bunt even less than before. I would say the most common situation that I would actually choose to bunt would be with a man on first, no outs, in a tie game or down 1 run late in the game, with a decent bunter up to bat.

I've had a few games where I micromanaged, Tony Larussa style, and used all my pinch runners, had a few sac bunts, and stolen bases to scratch some late runs across. It's probably one of the most fun ways to score in a close game like that. But just not as worth it anymore when every batter on my team is a 9 hitter.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    I have my bunt setting on the highest although I can only remember one bunt in the last few months that I've done, and it was a squeeze bunt to tie the game in the bottom of the 8th. Unless you really need to get a run in with a really bad hitter I wouldn't recommend bunts especially considering that it is easier to score in this game than in real baseball
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I have the bunt on the highest setting too. I used to bunt a lot when I has Reyes and pagan as my 1 and 2. Single, steal, bunt (sometimes a hit) and just anything pretty much to get that 1st run. I don't bunt much now. I do in rare spots where if I have a guy on second or third and its a lefty vs lefty or righty vs righty, I may lay one down to get a quick run. There is a decent chance the bunt will be a hit too. All depends on your team. As Dtrain suggests, as you get a more power line up, the bunting becomes rarer.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I don't bunt much anymore. I'd rather have a better shot at a base hit.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    I have the bunt on the highest setting too. I used to bunt a lot when I has Reyes and pagan as my 1 and 2. Single, steal, bunt (sometimes a hit) and just anything pretty much to get that 1st run. I don't bunt much now. I do in rare spots where if I have a guy on second or third and its a lefty vs lefty or righty vs righty, I may lay one down to get a quick run. There is a decent chance the bunt will be a hit too. All depends on your team. As Dtrain suggests, as you get a more power line up, the bunting becomes rarer.

This.

I used to be able to bunt guys in from 3rd base, but the recent update made it more difficult.