What happens when you finish a tournament?

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
Does it just disappear?

Comments

• Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    You see a player reward, it's a big green button. Click that and claim the player.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Thanks, Clark, but that's not what I mean. What happens when you win -all- the players in a tournament?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Starcat, all the players? Or, all the games? I'm confused by your statement.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    In the 5 star tournaments, after you get all the 5 stars are gone it starts with the 4 1/2 star players. Is that what your asking Starcat?
    Sorry for the confusion. I mean when you've won all the games and gotten all the players. I'm just about done with the 4* tournament. I'm curious if I'll start having 4.5* players offered in the same tournament, same price (wouldn't that be nice).
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    After 4 stars it goes with the 3.5 stars, it starts with hitters.
    Thanks, Jonnydaman.
  • NTGNTG Registered Users 19 Posts
    What are the rewards for the 4 star battle after Sandoval? I need relief pitching.
    If you need RPs, then don't do the 4 Star Battle. Do the 4 Star Knockout instead. It starts with SPs, then moves to RPs. You'll get to RPs faster using the Knockout than the Battle. A side effect of playing that tournament, if you do it over a few consecutive days, is that it will put you up high on the Leaderboard, dailys and weekly. And, if you do it during a Fan Rewards Event, you'll spend the 15k or 15.5k gold without really spending that much gold, because you'll get a lot of it back by winning tournament games, and by finishing in the top 5 in all categories on the daily and weekly Leaderboards. Last Fan Rewards I was able to get the top rewards through two cycles (getting Adam Jones then Adrian Betre), spending far less gold..I think I ended up spending like 7k or so gold, rather than 31k gold.

I hope that explanation made sense!
  • princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »
    If you need RPs, then don't do the 4 Star Battle. Do the 4 Star Knockout instead. It starts with SPs, then moves to RPs. You'll get to RPs faster using the Knockout than the Battle. A side effect of playing that tournament, if you do it over a few consecutive days, is that it will put you up high on the Leaderboard, dailys and weekly. And, if you do it during a Fan Rewards Event, you'll spend the 15k or 15.5k gold without really spending that much gold, because you'll get a lot of it back by winning tournament games, and by finishing in the top 5 in all categories on the daily and weekly Leaderboards. Last Fan Rewards I was able to get the top rewards through two cycles (getting Adam Jones then Adrian Betre), spending far less gold..I think I ended up spending like 7k or so gold, rather than 31k gold.

I hope that explanation made sense!

Did you auto-play those tournaments during the last offer? If so, I assume that you did not care about their outcomes since you ended up with a gold deficit instead of breaking even.
    Like you, I was looking to upgrade my bullpen. I did autoplay. I did care about the outcome, because I wanted to spend as little gold as I could. You win four straight tournament games, you get the gold entry fee back. But of course I didn't win all the games, so I did have a deficit. But I ended up with a better bullpen, two position starters (Beltre and Freddie Freeman) and a bench player (Adam Jones). And I ended up with all the 4* players for cheaper than 2nd and 1st round draft picks, which will help down the road as I go after all the 2nd and 1st round draft picks.
    That's actually how I got all of my SPs. I did it during the rewards period and got 2 new players, although I didn't have enough to get the top guy. I only started with about 2500 gold though.

Right now all my SP's are 4-star guys so I obviously need better pitching to beat the legends. I've been swept by them in the playoffs 5 times now.

I have 7295 gold right now. I could go for it right now and get:

Carlos Gomez OF R 779
    Juan Uribe 3B R 852
    Lucas Duda 1B L 493

Gomez would replace Marcel Ozuna (673) and neither Uribe or Duda would be upgrades. I think I'm just going to stash more gold until next time this comes up and hope for a pitcher.
    I figure if I can get 1 elite SP I can use him every game in the playoffs.