Blaine Boyer 5/8/8
Will Smith 9/4/7
Drew Storen 6/7/7
Casey Fien 7/9/6

I'm currently 4-40 vs them, so I can't go anywhere but up

Comments

• Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Very solid line up, you probably just need a decent 2B. Hitting >7 is really nice.

Your pitching probably needs some help. You need a true right-handed ace, and a good closer.

The first few times I beat the Legends, my lineup was worse than yours, but I was lucky to have Grilli, Cishek, and Melanco in my bullpen. And I have Kluber and Wacha to ice pack over and over.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I agree with Solarmen. Your lineup is plenty good to beat Legends. I even think your relievers should suffice. The only piece missing is a solid right hander or two. If you use your lefties, you better score a ton of runs!
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    2B is a killer at 555... If you have franchise coins adding another power hitter would be beneficial.

I just swept the legends over the weekend! I like to throw my 4 & 5 starters out in the first two games.

While I hit have roughed up all 5 starters, Kershaw and Bumgarner are the easier ones to hit, thus producing more runs.

I would also put my two best relievers in the 1 & 2 slots. With Maybe Dunn as the closer...

My goal when I play legends is to shorten the game. If I can get 6 strong from my starter then I have complete faith in my bullpen to finish them out.

Be patient, don't swing at everything! Maybe take the first pitch or two. Your much more likely to get hits and better pitches when the count is in your favor!
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Keep track of your stats and maybe post them in here for more detailed advice. I would be interested to see how many un-earned runs you surrender. That is usually a big killer.
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    Sounds like a plan, I'll keep a Excel file with the game by game stats. It would be interesting to see how it looks.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Is Howie Kendrick in one of the 3 player packs? If so, get him to replace Odor until you can land one of the big 2B
  • Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I just finished a series with the Legends. Unfortunately it ended in a 4-0 sweep for them, but I did take down every player's stat for each of the 4 games in the series. If someone is interested enough in it I can email it out, or Google Doc it. I'm just planning on going through the 3 main measures of team batting avg, team OBP, team slugging, and general notes

Game 1 Legends won 8-6
    Legends had:
    .341 Avg
    .417 OBP
    .585 SLG

My team had:
    .375 Avg
    .409 OBP
    .400 SLG

5 walks by Jesse Hahn doomed him in this game

Game 2 Legends won 9-5 in 11 innings
    Legends had:
    .313 Avg
    .340 OBP
    .479 SLG

My team had:
    .326 Avg
    .340 OBP
    .348 SLG

This game hurt, because I felt like I should have won it I blew too many scoring opportunities

Game 3 Legends win 11-1

Legends had:
    .378 Avg
    .420 OBP
    .644 SLG

I had:
    .265 Avg
    .278 OBP
    .265 SLG

This game was over before I even batted in the 1st inning the legends dropped an 8 spot in the top half. Chris Sale was a pain in the rear end to hit, hit 100 MPH 2 seamer gave me fits

Game 4 Legends win 10-6

Legends had:
    .415 Avg
    .489 OBP
    .756 SLG

I had:
    .390 Avg
    .395 OBP
    .390 SLG

I started slow in this one going down 5-0 in the 1st 3 innings (5 Gio Gonzalez walks hurt), but in the 5th inning I hit Cueto for 5 runs, which unfortunately caused him to get subbed out and I struggled vs the pen.

1.Biggest thing I observed was my pitchers were walking too many batters. They had 6 in game 1, 4 in game 3, and 6 in game 4.
    2. The other issue I saw was I was only getting singles. I managed to keep a high batting average in most games, but since I was only hitting singles I needed 3 to just get 1 run (I don't even try SB vs this team with my current upgrade).

Sorry for this long post, I just thought it'd be fun to track 1 series and see what happened