Options

Shortstops

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
Right now I have Jose Reyes, 4 stars. I used to have Alexie Ramirez, 4.5 stars, but Reyes performs better for me. Would Hanley Ramirez be a significant upgrade over Reyes?

Comments

• Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    He was in my case. 7 power was nice as he hit probably double the homers that Reyes did for me.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Clark mentioned the only thing better about Ramirez, who is a right handed hitter (8/7/7). Reyes (7/3/9) has a hit rating 1 point lower than Ramirez, but as a switch hitter would probably have just as good a batting average if not better. So, it comes down to power vs speed. If you need pop in the middle of the lineup, chose Ramirez. If speed is needed, pick Reyes. I personally would stay with Reyes.
  • Options
    StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Yeah, I have plenty of bangers: Trout, J. Uribe, F. Freeman, A. Beltre, J. Kemp, A. Jones. I'll keep Reyes
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    The switch hitter thing helped Reyes hit about as well as an 8 rating hitter for me. His speed made things fun too. I averaged over 1 steal a game with him. Before I dropped him I think he had about 1800 steals. Take that Rickey!
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    I have Hanley as my DH as Tulo is my SS... Hanley is batting .411 HR every 19AB and 93% SB in a little over 700 games.

The move from 7-8 in hitting can mean a .20-.25 jump in BA.

I prefer Power over speed. Speed can be neutralized against maxed out teams.

Hanley would have a much higher Slugging than Reyes meaning more extra base hits producing more runs in the long term.
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    reyes is a beast...one of the best 4 star players imo and someone i used for a long time. with that said, hanley would be a nice upgrade because of that huge jump in power.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Reyes stayed with me a long time. Seemed like he always got on and was at second after the steal. I never really played Rameriz. But a 7 speed can still steal pretty well and the jump in power. I prob would lean toward using Rameriz. Reyes is nice to have in the bench. Can pitch hit either side and you got a pitch runner when need be. Very valuable.