Options

What's the secret???

boogotshotboogotshot Registered Users 3 Posts
I just played a guy whose upgrade level was sub 5 for everything I could tell defensively (and my overall upgrade level was far superior to his (my batters are level 8 hitting, 7 power))... His pitching upgrade levels were 4's. However I rarely hit the ball out of the infield. His pitchers were weak, I made constant good contact, but again, all my b@lls were duds. I played that team 3 times w/ the same results (I was shut out one game). Anyone know what might be going on here? It's driving me bananas!

Comments

• Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Sometimes that's just how it goes. Each pitcher seems to have certain strike pitches that induce weaker contact than the others he might throw for strikes.

It could also be your timing. Try swinging either a hair earlier or later.

Working deeper into counts can also help
  • Options
    KaymoneyKaymoney Registered Users 10 Posts
    I've noticed that this game will cool you down when you're hot and warm you up when you're ice cold. Just like the real bigs, you'll have your streaks when you can beat anyone and then you'll have your days where you can only muster up 4 hits against someone like Alfredo Simon. Take the good with the bad, ride it out and you will bounce back. Currently on a 12 game win streak after dropping 4 in a row... I'm sure I'll be paying for it later today or tomorrow, but I'm enjoying lighting everyone up right now.