My wife told me I need to stop spending $ on this game...

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
...and she has a point. Haven't spent an exorbitant amount, but more than I should have. And my team isn't near where I want it to be.

Comments

• Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    That's why you need an offshore account routed from Switzerland under an alias. Best of luck Starcat. :)
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    I don't get why people spend money on this game. Impatience? My team is solid and I've beaten the Legends 3 times now.
    I don't get why people spend money on this game. Impatience? My team is solid and I've beaten the Legends 3 times now.

I get what you are saying. But remember. If no one spent any money on this game, they probably would have pulled it by now. So for those that spent a little hard earned cash on this game, I thank you!!!
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    I get what you are saying. But remember. If no one spent any money on this game, they probably would have pulled it by now. So for those that spent a little hard earned cash on this game, I thank you!!!

Not necessarily true. They make money off of people just downloading the game. Not to mention videos, and repeated play. The prices on this game are high for a reason.....because there is a legion of lemmings that pay the exorbant prices they charge. If people stopped, prices would drop and this game would live on in a much cheaper format like thousands of other app,store based games do.
    Maybe, but I'm guessing only a small % of people that play this game have ever checked this forum. I'm sure if a large portion of people knew that if spending less would eventually lower prices, then I'm sure you would see the prices drop.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Jason:

There is a way to get your point across without making disparaging remarks about people. First off, I agree that there are a multitude of ways that GLU/TSB generate revenue, and you have mentioned a few. However, the developers of TSB have spent quite a bit of their time, effort, and yes money to create this game, and whether we choose to accept it or not they want to make a profit. That's just a normal business model.

The game is free, and if content with your players, upgrades and the like, you don't have to spend a dime. There probably is no right or wrong answer, just personal preference. To some, game play is more fun with an upgraded roster, and you can include me in that group.

The premise that if "we" did not purchase gold to upgrade our teams, the prices would drop is probably a true statement. However, moderation is the key. Spending a few hundred dollars to me was well worth it, as it definitely increased the fun factor. I'm probably a bit older than most on this forum, as I'll be 52 this year. At this stage of my life I can afford to indulge once in a while.

I respect your opinion, and this forum allows for the exchange of ideas without being censored. However, calling people "a legion of Lemmings" is rude and uncalled for.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Dear ~Lawman~: nicely done.
    Sorry you are taking it as me being that way. Honestly, I think you are being a little sensitive.

I understand business quite well actually. I, like you am up there in age as well though won't choose to divulge my exact age. I can also afford to splurge, but WILL NOT spend a few hundred dollars on a video game. If you choose to do such that is your prerogative, though I think it's silly and further promotes the developers belief that they can get away with charging these kind of prices. High end video games for Xbox One cost $70 all in and include everything the game entails, not just little pieces at a time. My comment is intended for those that spend excessively on this game as simple business 101 dictates that when there is less demand prices drop.

Forgive me for not getting my point across in a more tactful way that didn't cause you to feel like you had to come in here and scold me over it.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Jason:

I was not going to comment further, but now I feel compelled. Once again, rather than take the high road, you chose to present your position with a condescending tone. I did a brief review of your posts, and almost all have a negative connotation. Like everyone here, you are entitled to your opinion. I have my way of expressing my points, you have yours.

I'm not being a "little sensitive" nor do I think it is "silly" to spend money on something I enjoy.

I will not reply again, and have wasted enough time with this negativity. However, since you seem to focus on antagonism, here is some constructive criticism. One, there is no such word as "exorbant" it's exorbitant. Two, the last sentence in your post is a double negative, and doesn't make sense. I did get the gist of what you were trying to say.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Jason,
    The players that pay money on this game aside, I think Lawman is just saying that there is no reason to call people names. This forum is to help others and banter back and forth without name calling. In the past you have called players chumps, steroid teams, and now lemmings. Everyone has a voice here and we may disagree, but there is no need to use derogatory names. I'm not sure why you are upset with other players, they may choose a different path to achieve their teams. Some pay money, some do not. But all of us have the same goal. Build a great team and beat Legends. Going on the response from other forum members in the past when you were negative of us as a group, they have responded to you with questioning your verbiage choice. You have the right to say what you want, but no reason to hate on others. You have valid points regarding the price that Glu puts on their in app purchases. Just treat others the way you would want to be treated too. My two cents. No one is scolding anyone. I think it's just a reminder of the big goal here. Let's not get away from that.
    You may not comment but you will read this. Thanks for reviewing my posts. I cannot understand why one would do such a thing, but in your case I do. Over 400 posts, 52 years old, spends several hundred dollars on a video game, feels compelled to criticize others posts instead of (let me steal a quote from you) "take the high road" (double standard much?). You started this by commenting on my quote. You didn't have to do that you could have "taken the high road", but you did not. This is harsh. You need to get a life and stop wasting said life in a video game and the forums that support it.

I was not going to comment further, but now I feel compelled. Once again, rather than take the high road, you chose to present your position with a condescending tone. I did a brief review of your posts, and almost all have a negative connotation. Like everyone here, you are entitled to your opinion. I have my way of expressing my points, you have yours.

I'm not being a "little sensitive" nor do I think it is "silly" to spend money on something I enjoy.

I will not reply again, and have wasted enough time with this negativity. However, since you seem to focus on antagonism, here is some constructive criticism. One, there is no such word as "exorbant" it's exorbitant. Two, the last sentence in your post is a double negative, and doesn't make sense. I did get the gist of what you were trying to say.

Enjoy your weekend.[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure what you are looking at but I never did such a thing. Again sorry I offended the "keepers" of the Tap Sports Baseball forum. You guys seriously need to grow thicker skin.
    Jason,
    The players that pay money on this game aside, I think Lawman is just saying that there is no reason to call people names. This forum is to help others and banter back and forth without name calling. In the past you have called players chumps, steroid teams, and now lemmings. Everyone has a voice here and we may disagree, but there is no need to use derogatory names. I'm not sure why you are upset with other players, they may choose a different path to achieve their teams. Some pay money, some do not. But all of us have the same goal. Build a great team and beat Legends. Going on the response from other forum members in the past when you were negative of us as a group, they have responded to you with questioning your verbiage choice. You have the right to say what you want, but no reason to hate on others. You have valid points regarding the price that Glu puts on their in app purchases. Just treat others the way you would want to be treated too. My two cents. No one is scolding anyone. I think it's just a reminder of the big goal here. Let's not get away from that.
    Do you see anyone else being so negative here? Just state your point and kindly avoid name calling or putting down others. I do not think I'm not asking for the world here. Jason, Im glad you contribute to the forum. Im not the "keeper" of it. Just glad we have one to learn and help each other on this game.
    Look, all I did was make a comment that someone saw necessary to criticize me for. It was not that bad.i defended what I said and that individual went on theattack again, then you jumped in an accused me of things that I did not do. So to answer your question, yes I do see people being negative on here.

I come on here because I find the information posted here very useful. Specifically the information that you post. So you could say I appreciate you. Did my comment have shock value? Obviously yes it did, but being accused of being negative is just being petty. Again, thicker skin is needed here is all.
    Do you see anyone else being so negative here? Just state your point and kindly avoid name calling or putting down others. I do not think I'm not asking for the world here. Jason, Im glad you contribute to the forum. Im not the "keeper" of it. Just glad we have one to learn and help each other on this game.
    Ok then. We all said what we had to say. It's done. Let's move forward, and focus on the task at hand. Which is getting a one up on this game. Agreed?