Options

What stats do you like the best?

SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
My favorite thing about this game has to be having soooo many options. I love players with speed, but when it comes down to deciding who I want to keep between two players, I usually look at avg + slg. I feel like ops is screwed in this game since its up to us to earn the walks. Just recently I decided to keep arenado 763 in my starting lineup over Sandoval 752 but he's also a switch hitter. Arenado is hitting 328 and slugging 559 while Sandoval is hitting 350 and slugging 510. So 887 trumps 860. What stats and numbers do you all use?

Comments

• Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Surfin, first and foremost I like batters with a 9 hitting rating. Speed is the second dynamic I look at, and I try to keep players with 6 and above (there are exceptions). The exceptions are when the batter has a hitting rating of 9 and power of 7-9. Switch hitters are the best, and that is why V.Martinez is arguably the best all around player in the game. Lefties over righties.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I agree. The level of hitter is most important to me. On a right handed batter you are looking at anywhere from a .25 - .50 increase in ba. As you progress further in the game, speed rating seems to have less and less of a factor. Whereas early on your power guys had such a low hit value that high speed was invaluable. A base hit or walk easily is a stolen base and a man on second (equal to a double). But as hit level increase with upgrades power now becomes more of a factor and the extra base hits increase. Plus a catcher with a 9 upgrade, runners with a speed below 9 find themselves taking a bigger risk stealing. So depending on where you are in the game, speed/power value change in importance. Hitting. Is #1 stat throughout.
  • Options
    DeadwormDeadworm Registered Users 17 Posts
    Hitting is the most important for batters. Stuff for pitchers Upgrades to 5 up at least