Best player in the game

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Curious who you guys think is the best player in this game. I know RP Uehara is a 9/9/9, but he's hitable despite his rating. Personally, I have DH Victor Martinez 9/7/2 and he is hitting up near .400. He's the best player I have ever had. So my vote goes to him. But there are lots of great players in this game. Who do you think is the best?

Comments

• LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    I think Hanley Ramirez numbers are 9/9/7 which is ludicrous but that makes him the best position player. Goldschmidt is close at 9/9/6 I believe. My best player is Puig at 9/7/7. He can hit for power, average, and successfully steals 75% of the time.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Those are definetly awesome numbers. Not sure off hand if any of those are switch hitters. But Martinez is. So he is good L or R
  • LiverpoolFCLiverpoolFC Registered Users 68 Posts
    Yeah that does make a big difference I agree
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I spent some time to test V.Mart. After 30 legend bonus game, his BA is 0.491.
    After the legend playoff series, his BA is 0.523. It seems that the morale setting doesn't impact his performance because he is L/R hitter.

He is truly a terminator.
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    You guys get VMart as a First rounder or #1? Thought he was in the first round category but are the best players in first round also available in #1? What if my goal was to get him, do I need to keep rolling the dice at 100 gold or trade in vs #1 picks?
  • redbirdredbird Registered Users 39 Posts
    just got vmart today as a first round pick
    I got him as a #1 pick. But it's pure luck. You could spend 100 spins and never get him or get him on the first one. I've now has 2343 AB with him, and he is hitting .376 OPS .411 SLG .643. 147 HR with a 15.9 AB/HR. His speed is his ownly weakness. But on my team I still say he is the best in the game. Switch hitting being the key.
  • MrDBIMrDBI Registered Users 4 Posts
    The best player is definitely Tulowitski... He's 9/9/2. In 100 gp he's batting .350 with 40+ hr, 100+ rbis and 30 dOubles. Guy is a beast!
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Victor Martinez is batting .408 in close to 5,000 at bats. He also averages a HR every 18.1 at bats. Being a switch hitter with his skill ratings in my opinion make him the best.
    God this thread is old. I started it before the big update that changed the player ratings in late October. VMart was a 972 then. He's a 982 now. Gotta give it to him over Tulo 992. The switch hitter aspect out ranks an 8 over a 9 power.
  • MrDBIMrDBI Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm just saying in my personal opinion I've only used vmart as a franchise player and I still had more success with tulo but that was a small sample size. My Tulo is hitting at a hr rate of every 9.1 ab. And even tho he isn't a switch hitter Tulo is hitting lefty and righty equally as good it's like a 15 point difference.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Hands down V. Mart. I would take him over a 9 9 9 player, if that player existed and wasn't a switch hitter.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Vmart for hitter and King Felix for pitcher.
  • yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    the best player for me is jose abreu.

i think performance will vary between players based on chance, but it'll probably be one of abreu, tulo, or v-mart.
  • PeloteroPelotero Registered Users 8 Posts
    Jose Abreu is Amazing.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Ben Revere for the win ;)
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!