Pick-off moves and pitch-outs.

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
Is there an upgrade that increases a team's use of these against potential base stealers? I think some teams use them more frequently and effectively.

Comments

• CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    It is all controlled by the computer as far as I know.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    My guess is that catchers arm upgrade rating may have something to do with it. It seems teams I face with higher upgrade levels there pitch out more and pick off more. I could be way off base (no pun intended) but that is the impression I get.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Guessing Catcher's Arm or Pitch Selection
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    More importantly why is a pitch out always an out stealing. There is an odd occasion in MLB that a pitch out can occur and the runner can still make it safe to the base.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    And they are always safe on a pick off attempt in the game too.... Actually, I don't want them to change that.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Something cool I'll share that I'm sure a few of you guys may have discovered:

The best time to steal is right after a pitch-out. At first I thought I found a glitch in the game because the pitcher never pitches-out twice in a row, and never goes for the pick-off attempt after a pitch-out. But about a month ago a pitcher picked me off after a pitch-out. But still, if you want a free crack at beating a catchers arm, 99.99% of the time you'll have a go at it after a pitch-out.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Champ, I've noticed the same thing. I have been picked off after a pitch out before, but it's very rare. Thanks for the input.