New Rewards player coming anytime soon?

tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
Anyone know if a new player reward for spending gold is coming anytime soon?
Prev1

Comments

• champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    they come every month. shouldn't be long now.
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    I would expect one this Friday. The trend has been every two weeks.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I'd wondered if they would do a pitchers and catchers report event.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Saw a notice pop up today. Carlos Gomez was top player
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I confirm with Clark. One is coming. Not sure of the players, shows Dale Murphy for me, but I have all the 5 star players.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Carlos Gomez OF R 779
    Juan Uribe 3B R 852
    Lucas Duda 1B L 493

I forget how much gold for each.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
    Gomez - 16,000
    Uribe - 3900
    Duda - 690
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Machado if you already own Uribe. Uribe has been a stud for me.
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Gomez is sweet looking. That's a lot of gold though.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    Adam Jones is the top player if you already have Gomez
  • brifbrif Registered Users 14 Posts
    What are people's thoughts on Gomez? I have Yelich, Revere and Stanton in my OF but I could slide Gomez into the DH slot to replace Rizzo. Yelich is hitting around .380 for me so I'm not sure I'd want him to be out of the lineup. I've saved enough gold for Gomez but I'm thinking about waiting a few more weeks to see if Trout or McCutcheon or someone similar comes up. Thoughts? How is Gomez doing for people in general?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Brit:

I had Gomez in my lineup for quite a while. In a little over 2,200 at bats he hit .314 and averaged a HR in every 30.1 swings. He stole a base almost every time on, with a 94% success rate.

I think he would be a slight upgrade over Rizzo, but not worth the asking price. I'd wait until a different top tier player is offered.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I have Gomez right now, and Lawman's analysis is spot on. He's hitting about .300 for me with a HR every 28.7 AB, steals a lot, but I wouldn't spend 16.5k gold on him
  • princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    Dale Murphy, the former Atlanta Braves OF? What are his stats?
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Who is top tier reward after Gomez and Adam Jones?
    Dale Murphy, the former Atlanta Braves OF? What are his stats?

Lol. Guess I'm aging myself. Not Dale rather David Murphy. But guessing Dale's stats would be 772. 4 star.
  • Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    Anytime there's a player rewards event does that mean that draft pick/boost/upgrade etc. sales are all guaranteed to follow?
    Jared5150 wrote: »
    Anytime there's a player rewards event does that mean that draft pick/boost/upgrade etc. sales are all guaranteed to follow?

Very good chance of that happening on Saturday of the event.
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Lol. Guess I'm aging myself. Not Dale rather David Murphy. But guessing Dale's stats would be 772. 4 star.

In his prime, he would have been 8/9/9 guy.
    In his prime, he would have been 8/9/9 guy.

His best season arguably was 1983 36 hr 121 rbi 30 steals .302 BA. So I will bump up from 772 to 886 5 star guy. But overall, I think my 772 is fair. He really dropped in speed in his latter years. But that's to be expected.
  • brifbrif Registered Users 14 Posts
    Thanks for all the feedback on Gomez guys! I think I'll wait for now and see who comes up next.
    His best season arguably was 1983 36 hr 121 rbi 30 steals .302 BA. So I will bump up from 772 to 886 5 star guy. But overall, I think my 772 is fair. He really dropped in speed in his latter years. But that's to be expected.

Your stats would have definitely been representative of his overall career: a 4.5 star player.
    Wonder what player in modern baseball history would have had the highest rating in their prime years. Obviously lots of 992 type guys. But I'm thinking more well rounded players. My guess would be (hate to say it) a pre steroid Barry Bonds. 997. Followed by Ken Griffey Jr. 995.
    Wonder what player in modern baseball history would have had the highest rating in their prime years. Obviously lots of 992 type guys. But I'm thinking more well rounded players. My guess would be (hate to say it) a pre steroid Barry Bonds. 997. Followed by Ken Griffey Jr. 995.

A-Rod's 40/40 year might have been 9/9/9 or at least 9/9/8.
    bizzle wrote: »
    A-Rod's 40/40 year might have been 9/9/9 or at least 9/9/8.

True he did hit .310 that year too, Bonds did it and hit .308, as well as Jose Canseco .307 and Soriano only .277.
    Amused, being a longtime Reds fan, I can remember a monster year that OF Eric Davis had in 1987. He hit .293, 37 HRs, drove in 100 runs, and stole 50 bases. Oh yeah, and he put up these numbers in less than 500 at bats.

I guess that would translate to an 8/9/9 TSB rating.
    I'm not a big Jose Canseco fan, but if there was a 9/9/9 year he might have had it in 1988.

He batted .307, 42 HRs, 124 RBI's, and 40 SB's and SLG .569!!!
    I didn't think ARod was a big base stealer, BUT..

In 1998, he hit .310, hit 42 HRs, 124 RBIs, 46 SBs, SLG .560!!!

9/9/9 ??? I think so.
    I just went with the only 40/40 guys currently. Figured that would cover power and speed. Then made sure they hit over .300. I went with their best seasons, not their overall career. Yes Eric Davis would be there. His BA puts him in Trout 8 hitter range. I'm a Cubs fan and Sosa probably had some 993 years. Or Ryno 973. But no one that well rounded.
    Amused, Trout and possibly McCutchen are probably the only current players that can achieve a 9/9/9 rating.

I was always an Andre Dawson fan. Not sure he ever had enough steals to elevate him to a 9/9/9 guy, but he was a stud in his day for sure.