Options

2nd team run at all players - seeking advice

JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
I am looking to make a run at all players with my second team. I have 27k gold = 360 first rounders and 1.35 mil cash = 337.5 second rounders. I also have 55 second round picks, 40 late round picks (not sure I need them) 8 first round, and 3 number 1 picks. If I used all my cash to draft second rounders, the 55 second round picks, and then my gold on the first round picks(plus the 8 FR and 3 NO. 1 picks I have) will that get it done or do I need to save more gold/picks first? Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    You need a little more cash. There are about 770 late round picks, 240 second round picks, and 150 first round picks.

770 late rounders = 770,000 cash
    240 second rounders = 960,000 cash
    Comes out to 1.73 million cash needed. You've got 1.35 million, plus 220,000 worth in 2nd round picks saved up, plus 40,000 in late round picks saved up. So you essentially have 1.61 million towards the goal of 1.73 million.

Your gold is far and above the amount you will need. So the first round picks will easily be covered. Should only need to use about 11,500 gold or so.

If you ignore the late rounders and jump straight to the 2nd round picks, you'll need about 3.1 million cash total to do it that way (there's around 740 players that qualify as 2nd round picks)
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    I am looking to make a run at all players with my second team. I have 27k gold = 360 first rounders and 1.35 mil cash = 337.5 second rounders. I also have 55 second round picks, 40 late round picks (not sure I need them) 8 first round, and 3 number 1 picks. If I used all my cash to draft second rounders, the 55 second round picks, and then my gold on the first round picks(plus the 8 FR and 3 NO. 1 picks I have) will that get it done or do I need to save more gold/picks first? Any advice is appreciated!

There are 936 people between 1.5 and 5 stars. You still have a ways to go.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    He can use his excess gold to scoop up the other players.
  • Options
    That's exactly what I am trying to do. I am skipping the first rounders altogether. My thought is that I can but as many second rounders as possible with my cash and 55 picks and spend all of my gold on first rounders. Wouldn't that eliminate a percentage of the second rounder pool remaining? But I don't know exactly how many players would be drafted utilizing that strategy.
  • Options
    Oh I got you now. Well basically then, you can use all the cash to buy 337 second round picks, use the other 55 second round picks to bring you up to 392 players. 8 first rounders and 3 number ones makes 403 players. Use the 27k gold for 360 first rounders and that gets you to 763 players. You're probably still about 160 players short (either 640,000 cash or 12,000 gold more is needed, or a portion of both)

I was figuring it out as if you were gonna get all the late rounders first. It takes less time to save up doing that way, but the game lags more with the extra 200 or so players.
  • Options
    Wouldn't a large portion of those players be out of the picture though? Since I would be starting with 2nd rounders that eliminates 1 star players. Then by drafting first rounders that eliminates any 1.5 star players remaining. Excellent advice thus far thanks a bunch!!!
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Once again, I will repeat. There are 936 players (minus the 22 on your team) you are trying to draft.

Currently you have enough picks, gold, and cash for 763 of them.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    Yeah, I believe there's 1170 players total. If RobotStove's math is right, then there are 207 one star players, leaving you with 963 players between 1.5 and 5 stars. You might be able to use those late round picks to your advantage if you use them first, but it's possible that they might yield you a bunch of 1* players that will waste time and space on your roster. If you got lucky though they might pull some of the 1.5* and above players and remove those from the pool of 2nd rounders.
  • Options
    Detroit tiggersDetroit tiggers Registered Users 53 Posts
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Yeah, I believe there's 1170 players total. If RobotStove's math is right, then there are 207 one star players, leaving you with 963 players between 1.5 and 5 stars. You might be able to use those late round picks to your advantage if you use them first, but it's possible that they might yield you a bunch of 1* players that will waste time and space on your roster. If you got lucky though they might pull some of the 1.5* and above players and remove those from the pool of 2nd rounders.

Latest tally on my list:
    1-star = 229
    1.5 = 149
    2 =152
    2.5 = 119
    3 = 124
    3.5 = 123
    4 = 117
    4.5 = 82
    5 = 77

Which gives me 1172 total. I think I am about 10 players from having everyone identified which = 1182

Please remember that I have posted several times asking what people think happens to players that retire, which could account for the difference. Perhaps they are removed when the game updates.

So it is possible that there are different numbers of players in the game after the updates