Share predictable things about the game

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
1. When a runner is stealing a base, the batter never hits a home run.
2. Steal option is disabled for team that is leading by 6 or more runs.

Comments

• bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    3. You will lose to the Legends.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Yes, I suppose so.
  • CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    You will feel like throwing your phone against the wall on more than one occasion :0. Especially when playing the legends.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    4. If a fielder can get to a foul ball, it will be caught 999,999 out 1,000,000 times. If by chance he misses it, the game will count it as a fair ball.
    5. All fielders must wear an unwashed #66 jersey.
    6. Line-drives will never be dropped. You can send a 102 MPH pitch back twice as hard to the pitchers face and he will always catch it.
    7. Slow grounders between third and short-stop will always be an infield hit if your batter has a speed rating higher than 5.
    8. V. Mart will get at least 1 hit per game.
    9. The catcher will always recklessly choose to play without catching gear.
    10. It will always be amusing to get caught looking at strike 3 and then take a big cut as you've exited the batters box.
    11. You will almost always get a free crack at stealing after a pitch-out.
    12. The crowd will always stare dead-eyed without moving at ***** headed straight for their face.
    Correction to #1: ...the batter won't ever get an extra base hit.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Lol on #10 champ!!! (I do it on walks too)
    13. Kershaw will throw a very hittable fastball down the middle during an at bat. (One of the 1st two pitches are a very good bet.)
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    14. You will never be given the opportunity to steal 3rd base in the first inning.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Good ones lol!
  • free candy!free candy! Registered Users 5 Posts
    there will never be a passed ball with a runner on 3rd.
    if you get in a rundown, you will always be out
    Never gotten into a rundown in TSP
    There are no rundowns in TSB. It's probably the most illogical thing about this game. Every player decides during a pick-off move that his best option is to run to second, instead of diving 5 feet the other way. It's literally the dumbest choice he can make.
    Champ, it happens in baseball. It's not that he's choosing to run to second on a pickoff move, rather the runner is going on first movement for the steal, but guesses wrong and is essentially picked off. I'm not sure if that is what you meant.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess it's just a part of this game that you either commit to stay or to steal, and once you're caught there's no rundown. You just slide into the second baseman's glove.
    You are right. That is essentially the outcome when you guess wrong, you slide right into the second baseman's glove. I have seen on rare occasions a fast runner actually still beat out the throw, or a bad throw from the first baseman resulting in a steal. (In real life, not in game)
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    Most irritating one: Pitcher falls behind in the count 3-0, proceeds to throw 3 sweeping curve ***** for strikes you can only pop up if you can touch them.

One that makes me laugh: After a balk is called, your runner stands back up in a painful looking way (maybe hemorrhoids !).
    QLDorigin wrote: »
    Most irritating one: Pitcher falls behind in the count 3-0, proceeds to throw 3 sweeping curve ***** for strikes you can only pop up if you can touch them.

One that makes me laugh: After a balk is called, your runner stands back up in a painful looking way (maybe hemorrhoids !).

hahaha @ that last comment. I had been planning to make mention of that for a while now. It's like the player suddenly ages 60 years as he stands up.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    That is very good QL!!!
    Never experienced a balk in TSP.
    You will. I've had at least 30 or 40 I'd guess.
    Surprised u haven't seen one yet Starcat. I'm sure u will soon.

Speaking of things that are predictable, no balks or pitchouts when runner is on second. Probably because their are no pick off attempts there.
  • princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    4. If a fielder can get to a foul ball, it will be caught 999,999 out 1,000,000 times. If by chance he misses it, the game will count it as a fair ball.
    5. All fielders must wear an unwashed #66 jersey.
    6. Line-drives will never be dropped. You can send a 102 MPH pitch back twice as hard to the pitchers face and he will always catch it.
    7. Slow grounders between third and short-stop will always be an infield hit if your batter has a speed rating higher than 5.
    8. V. Mart will get at least 1 hit per game.
    9. The catcher will always recklessly choose to play without catching gear.
    10. It will always be amusing to get caught looking at strike 3 and then take a big cut as you've exited the batters box.
    11. You will almost always get a free crack at stealing after a pitch-out.
    12. The crowd will always stare dead-eyed without moving at ***** headed straight for their face.

Change #6 to: Line-drives will almost never be dropped. You can send a 102 MPH pitch back twice as hard to the pitchers face and he will catch it 99.99% of the time.

Jered Weaver finally dropped a liner back that to him in a tournament game. Probably won't see that happen for at least another year.
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Another predictable is that when a fielder makes an error and there's another fielder right there to help him he never does. They just both look at the ball as if it would be some alien or something...