Saw something new

Comments

• SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Interesting. I have seen the yo-yo throw but not during a safe hit snd run. Today I got an infield bashing with a right handed batter, speed 4. He rolled it to shortstop and was easily safe at first... With speed 4! That was crazy.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    Interesting. I have seen the yo-yo throw but not during a safe hit snd run. Today I got an infield bashing with a right handed batter, speed 4. He rolled it to shortstop and was easily safe at first... With speed 4! That was crazy.
    The only 2 IF hits with righties I can remember have been with 4 speed jonathan lucroy, both of them were the ones where the SS gets it deep in the hole. Has anyone had a righty get an IF hit that is a dribbler down the line?
    Jonnydaman wrote: »
    The only 2 IF hits with righties I can remember have been with 4 speed jonathan lucroy, both of them were the ones where the SS gets it deep in the hole. Has anyone had a righty get an IF hit that is a dribbler down the line?

Wow! Lucroy was the speed four who did it for me too. I have had Jose Reyes bat righty and dribble it to the right once before too.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Banging a homer off the fair pole is definitely the most exhilarating experience I've had in this game and I've done it 3 times.

How about extra innings? I'm currently playing a game against someone that's in the 26th inning and both of our last eligible pitchers have been "dying" with all 3 attributes down to 1 for the past 3 or 4 innings. It looks
    Like this game might never end!! :) what's the longest game some of you have played?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Max that's insane! The longest game I've had is 14 innings, AGAINST Legends!!!

C'mon man, the pitcher's are at 1/1/1, you have got to be able to score a run!
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Max that's insane! The longest game I've had is 14 innings, AGAINST Legends!!!

C'mon man, the pitcher's are at 1/1/1, you have got to be able to score a run!

I know right!! Hahaha. It's crazy, you'd think I could just not swing and they'd walk me 4 times to end the game but each time I've tried that somehow the pitcher throws some crucial pitches that either just make it into the strike zone and I'm called out or I can't connect for anything more that weak grounders and pop ups. It's frustrating as heck!
    I often check this thread to see what glitchy things occur during game play. Here is one that happened this morning that defies all logic. Batter was Trout, he had a 2-2 count and the pitcher threw a change-up. I was way out in front and fouled it off to the left at a wicked angle. The commentator said strike three, and the screen showed a strike out!!! I'm not sure how that could happen, other than the swing and the parameter settings for a strikeout were out of sync. CRAZY.
  • gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    I hit a fly ball to left field. The ball went to the outfielder and he missed it. It went past his glove, hit the wall, bounced back and rolled out of view. That is where the game froze. When I rebooted the game the inning ended as it was my third out.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I'm sure we have all seen it. But when a low power guy is up and hits a slow fly ball to the outfield and it carries and carries.... And you see the outfielder with his back to the wall, put his glove up and the ball ends up being a home run. I'm used to it now. But the first few times I was quite surprised.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Teheran pitched six clean innings but the stats said he had one earned run.

2638x9s.png
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    solarman, I've seen that several times. Can't figure out why.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Another bug: a game that I just lost popped up twice on my turn, and somehow I had two more losses in my W-L record.
    I've seen both of those too. The extra run on the star sheet always confused me.
    one thing I have seen only once, was the pitcher make an error! It was just recently. I honestly thought they couldn't. And also I have been bunting more with my speed 9 players. 3/10 times I get a bunt base hit! Even with runners on!
    Surfin:

I've seen pitchers make errors before. It is rare, I've only seen it 2 or 3 times. I'm still waiting to see the catcher drop a pop up!!!
    Yeah first for me. You would think it would be more often! I also have yet to see a catcher drop a pop up.
    Today for the first time I hit 3 homers back to back to back. While that's not that unusual I did it on 3 consecutive pitches which made it even a little more awesome. Almost made it 4 in 4 pitches but it curved foul at the last second. Still, it was all a first for me and pretty sweet.
  • ottomattiqottomattiq Registered Users 3 Posts
    Saw this for the first time last night: stole a base on a pitchout.

I'd seen a few close plays on pitchouts before but just assumed it was an automatic out. My guy had a 9 speed and I'm guessing my opponent had a very low catcher arm.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Auto played a bonus game today and had two guys each with three homers and 9+ RBIs. Crazy! By far the highest scoring game I've had.

27xovvt.jpg
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    I went up 3 games to 2 against Legends and there was some lag when the game ended.

When I ended up getting the reward for the game win (100 gold), I tried to find the playoffs and they disappeared.

I was back to 1 win out of 75 into Legends level and I wasn't given any reward for beating them (since I didn't actually beat them).
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
    Robot,

We may have to change this thread from Saw Something New, to Something I Never Want to See Again. That's messed up, sorry that happened to you. I would be a very unhappy camper! Maybe Customer Care can help.
    Haha I have another outstanding issue that is more dear to my heart (outlined in Amused's thread about stats tab) that has had no action in a week, so I won't hold my breath.

I was back at Legends playoffs within 2.5 hours and I am up 3-2 now (was 3-1 lol). Who wants to bet I lose 4-3 by one run? (EDIT: Within 5 mins of posting this, good old Danny Duffy held Legends to 2 runs and I squeaked out a 3-2 win to take the tourney heh)

Also, more on topic, I know there is one thing that boggles me that you can't ever see, and that is a first inning steal of 3rd base. No idea why the steal option never comes up in the first inning...

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Well, saw something new tonight. I hit a ball fairly deep to left center, and the LF started tracking the ball quickly. I then heard, "oh my" and the LF dropped the ball for a two base error. Here's the odd part. The ball bounced off the LF's mitt towards the CF, who picked the ball up and threw it in to the infield! I have never seen a play in which one fielder initiates a play, and another player picks up the ball. I think this was able to occur because the outfield was upgraded to 8, and the fielders move faster. In any event, it was pretty cool!!!
    I had that happen on an infield ground out play where the pitcher covered first base and the ball deflected off his glove and the 1st baseman retrieved it. Good AI backing each other up. Haha.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    I had a ball bounce off the left fielders mitt and head into the corner. The left fielder ran at it but at a bad angle. He hit the wall 5 feet away from the ball and just kept mashing his face off the wall repeatedly. I laughed at him and called him names for much longer than I'm willing to admit. After some time when I imagined his face looked like chilli in a bread bowl I realized the loop wasn't going to end and I restarted the game. The weird thing is none of my players ran the bases while he was rendering himself mentally retarded from the impact. Also, when I reloaded the app that same player was at bat again.
    So, Tulo is a wizard of some sort.

He just popped the ball out to Left field for either a catch or an error. No way was this going to be a base hit. As it got close to the awaiting left fielder the game lags and the ball warps from before the fielder to behind him and keeps bouncing to the wall.

The ball bounced off the wall, and back, off screen, and after waiting 2 minutes it was clear nobody was chasing the ball. I had to shut the game down and re-open it.

EDIT: logged back in and Tulo was claimed to have flied out

Hey Robot:

OMG!!! I just had the exact same thing happen in left field with Cano as the batter. I too had to reboot, and the play was scored as a fly out.
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Hey Robot:

OMG!!! I just had the exact same thing happen in left field with Cano as the batter. I too had to reboot, and the play was scored as a fly out.

Funny, first time I had this happen was when I was playing you way back when, Lawman.
    That's what you call TSB VooDoo buddy!!!