3B: J. Uribe, N. Arenado, or Sandoval

nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
I have all three and have place for one. Until now I had P. Sandoval, 4* player at 7,5,1. He was ok for me batting at an even 300 with occasional pop. But now I got on my inactives J. Uribe 4.5* player at 8,5,2. And I also have N. Arenado also a 4.5* player at 7,6,3. So which one should I keep as the third baseman?

Comments

• yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    nyynym wrote: »
    I have all three and have place for one. Until now I had P. Sandoval, 4* player at 7,5,1. He was ok for me batting at an even 300 with occasional pop. But now I got on my inactives J. Uribe 4.5* player at 8,5,2. And I also have N. Arenado also a 4.5* player at 7,6,3. So which one should I keep as the third baseman?

gotta go with uribe. contact is the most important stat. his power isn't much worse than arenado, either.

i used arenado for a long time; he's a good player but his average was just under .300 for me. i think uribe should hit at least .315 with similar power.

pablo is a distant third, here.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Uribe for sure. That 8 hitting is a big upgrade over 7. The other two categories are all close. But hitting to me is the most important. I agree with yaybaseball.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I wholeheartedly agree with Yay and Amused. Uribe is your guy.
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Thanks guys! Uribe it is!
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    This isn't as clear cut as others have been saying, because you didn't mention that Sandoval is a switch hitter.

I kept him until I had a 9-hitting batter to replace him, for that reason.

If you want to go with Uribe though, putting Sandoval in your subs would be an excellent move.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Keep Arenado and Panda if you go with Uribe. I have a feeling both players may see higher ratings around mid season if that's when the next reranking happens.
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    I went with Uribe. To make things more complicated, I just drafted Justin Turner who is 9,2,4. Do I still keep Uribe?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Ny:

It looks like Uribe might have had a short run at starting. I believe you should make J. Turner the starter. Both are right handed batters, and 9 hitting always trumps 8.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Yes. Turner it is. Uribe's run is over is my opinion.
  • ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Gotta be Turner! I have used both! Uribe's boost in power is nice but Turner has hit for .390+ for me!