Hi,
After a good amount of time with my rotation, here are my 5 starter starts:

PITCHER Games Played Innings Pitched W L ERA

Felix Hernandez 99 656 73 11 2.88
Johnny Cueto 88 528 60 10 3.46
Chris Sale 78 515 49 12 3.50
Jose Fernandez 64 408 46 6 3.24
Masahiro Tanaka 75 454 41 10 3.81

Based off these, and to try out a new starter, I think it is time to replace Tanaka.

Any suggestions, what other 5* right-handed pitchers should I try? I have Kluber, Strasburg, Wainright, Greinke, Fiers, Teheran, Roark, Sanchez etc. as my options.

Thanks.

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Baseball:

Of the available pitchers you listed, I would say Teheran or Greinke. If you have Darvish as an option, I would use him instead of the other two I suggested. Other than Sale, I'm not inclined to use another lefty, but Lester might be worth a try.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Jeebus, how much money did you have to spend to get a rotation like that? I scratch and clawed my way for a year and a half playing everyday and my best pitcher is Greinke. And I wouldn't go with Greinke. He's pitched 61 games (mostly against legends), 309 innings and has a 5.04 ERA. Then again, I'm only at upgrade 6, and I suspect you've bought your way to a 9, so maybe that all changes. Personally, I agree with lawman -- if you can buy Darvish use him instead of the others.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Wainwright or DeGrom both preform well. If you are playing more human players, then Darvish is the way to go.
  • baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
    Hi,
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

First to get this rotation, I had been saving all my gold since August 2014 till they gave a starting pitcher. You all remember when Kershaw was in Player Rewards for 15000 K. That's when I started building my roster. I had purchased almost all the 2nd rounders before that. In buying the FIRST ROUND draft picks plus positional picks, I got a good number of 5 * players. It only happened as I had cleaned out all the lower ranked players with cash Earned.

I don't auto play much, so I do earn all the cash or gold available for innings and wins.

As I play humans most of the time, I would definitely try out Darvish first.

It is funny though that buying Kershaw was my dream, but now he is in my inactives as he performers so poorly in TSB. Have myself beaten him at least 10 times.
  • baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
    Also I play videos a lot during the day. You will be surprised how much gold you can earn.
  • MetropolitansMetropolitans Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Jeebus, how much money did you have to spend to get a rotation like that? I scratch and clawed my way for a year and a half playing everyday and my best pitcher is Greinke. And I wouldn't go with Greinke. He's pitched 61 games (mostly against legends), 309 innings and has a 5.04 ERA. Then again, I'm only at upgrade 6, and I suspect you've bought your way to a 9, so maybe that all changes. Personally, I agree with lawman -- if you can buy Darvish use him instead of the others.

Champ, it may be time to change what you are doing if its taken that long to have Greinke as your best starter. You can certainly get his staff in a reasonable amount of time without spending money. Have you tried just saving your inactives rather than trading them in? I did that for a few months while saving all of the gold and 1st round picks I got along the way. Once I had every 2nd round pick, all I could get with my 1st round picks was 4.5 or 5 star players. Its just a system of elimination and simple to obtain if you play that often. It just takes some self restraint not to blow your picks and gold before its time.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Metro:

I have NEVER traded in my inactives. Still have them all!!! Champ is just being honest, and maybe he did in fact trade in his inactives along the way. That's why I like the input on this message board, as it gives you various perspectives and strategies. I'll be candid, I never thought of obtaining every player. I just didn't want to give away the next 5 star player after an update.

Getting great pitchers is probably the hardest thing to obtain in this game. They are seldom offered as a top tier reward, and seem to be scarce when spinning the wheel. If Champ has had a difficult time in getting top notch pitchers, I get it.

Also, getting gold through video rewards has a lot to do with logistics. Some areas (like mine), seem to have a plethora of videos, while others have very few, making it difficult to amass gold.

Metro, I agree with you, and I'm sure if Champ sticks with the game, he will eventually be rewarded with some high quality starters.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions and insight, fellas. In no way do I claim to be doing things the right way. Perhaps I've been a bit unlucky in the drafts along the way. Maybe it's time I give the suggestions offered a try and see how it works out. I just read so many people complaining about lags in the game when they go for all the players. I have a hectic lifestyle -- a demanding job, a family, and I'm a professional athlete. For the 60 mins a day I'm able to play the game, I don't want to be waiting minutes at a time for the game to load when I boot up or between innings. At the end of the day actually playing the game is most important to me.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    good luck Champ!