Who is the best Long Reliever? (LR)

nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
I currently have Estrada who is a 4* player. The game keeps on throwing him off in place of better relievers who aren't Long Relievers and I keep on having to put him back. I was wondering if there are any long relievers who are 4 1/2* or even 5* players. Who are they?

Comments

• dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    I'm not too sure about the 4.5* relievers, but I do know there are no 5* LRs or MRs. Every 5* reliever is a SR.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    DTrain is correct. I use Robertson and Benoit as my first guys out of the pen. Grilli is also very good in this slot.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I haven't used LR or MR in a long time. I got Stammen 678 I believe. (Think he got downgraded to 677) early on and had him for a while in LR. But I use SR. for all my relief pitchers. You can get a second inning out of most of the higher rated SR.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    This is another area that TSB should consider changing. If your starter gets hammered in the first three innings, you should have the option of using another starter to come into the game.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    This is another area that TSB should consider changing. If your starter gets hammered in the first three innings, you should have the option of using another starter to come into the game.

There is a idea to make Franchise coins useful. "Please deposit 1 franchise coin to bring in a new starter." :)
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Great idea! My coins are rotting away! Anyways, this forum is great. I was clogging up a reliever spot waiting for the 5* LR which would never come! So now I got Benoit there warming up in the bullpen! Thanks guys!
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    I had Stammen for a long while but he got hit hard. And every time I batted against him I would rough him up quite a bit. Eventually got Buddy Carlyle, but ended up trading him too as his ERA was over 6. Now I just accept that I can't sub out a starting pitcher until the 4th or 5th inning. All endurance long relievers are weak in this game, imo.

Would love to use a franchise coin or an ice wrap to put in a different starting pitcher early in the game.
  • ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    They should at the very least allow you to hold a roster of 25 players so you can have the option of a few more bullpen arms or bats in the lineup...
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    nyynym wrote: »
    I currently have Estrada who is a 4* player. The game keeps on throwing him off in place of better relievers who aren't Long Relievers and I keep on having to put him back. I was wondering if there are any long relievers who are 4 1/2* or even 5* players. Who are they?

Estrada is the highest ranking LR, with Stamman being a close second. They are the only 4* LR.

In terms of MR there is one that is 4.5*:

Buddy Carlyle R 5/9/8

The rest of the 4.5 and 5 star pitchers are SR.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • BravomanBravoman Registered Users 61 Posts
    Hello , nyynym

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?123284-Players-Stats-List-(Version-1-4-1)

Aaron Sanchez is the best long reliever , and his stats is 4.5* 5/8/9 LR
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Thanks Bravoman, Wow! What a list! Great info.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Bravoman wrote: »
    Hello , nyynym

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?123284-Players-Stats-List-(Version-1-4-1)

Aaron Sanchez is the best long reliever , and his stats is 4.5* 5/8/9 LR

You must have added him after I stole that list from you!
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!