Who is the best 4* SP..........

tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
Would you say Latos is the best 4* SP being that he is a righty?

4*
Danny Duffy L 4/3/9
Tony Cingrani L 8/2/8
Mat Latos R 5/7/7
Dallas Keuchel L 4/7/7
Scott Kazmir L 6/6/7
Jose Quintana L 6/6/7
Homer Bailey R 6/6/7
Tsuyoshi Wada L 5/6/7
Jered Weaver R 5/6/7
Josh Beckett R 6/5/7
Gio Gonzalez L 7/4/7
Lance Lynn R 6/4/7
Francisco Liriano L 8/2/7
Hiroki Kuroda R 4/9/6
Tim Hudson R 3/9/6
Rick Porcello R 3/9/6
Henderson Alvarez R 3/9/6
Jaime Garcia L 5/8/6
Jason Vargas L 4/8/6
Mike Leake R 4/8/6
Kyle Lohse R 4/8/6
Jason Hammel R 6/7/6
Danny Salazar R 8/6/6
Shane Greene R 7/6/6
Gerrit Cole R 6/6/6
Gavin Floyd R 6/6/6
Ervin Santana R 6/6/6
Jake Odorizzi R 7/5/6
Ian Kennedy R 7/5/6
Phil Hughes R 6/9/5
Brandon McCarthy R 5/9/5
Dan Haren R 5/9/5

Comments

• champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    ........no
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Danny Duffy is the best in my opinion. I have him in my rotation now and he frequently does well against many human teams in legends.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    ........no

Duffy then?
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    My vote would be Homer Bailey or Danny Salazar.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I too like Danny Salazar from the 4 star list. He would do well against humans and computer games.

However (I know I'm breaking my right handers do better rule), but Francisco Liriano can be very difficult to hit depending on pitching upgrades.

If I were playing against humans, I would use Liriano. If playing the computer or Legends, Salazar.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    I agree with Bailey and Liriano as well. Both have eras around 3.5 for me
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    Danny Duffy is a lefty in real life but in the game he is mistakenly a righty. Also, there is no way he is the top 4 star pitcher in the game. 4 arm makes him easy to hit against humans, and 3 control makes him terrible against the computer.

Latos on paper looks pretty darn good. He is a RHP with 5 pitches including 3 different fast*****.

I had Homer Bailey for awhile and he got lit up by both the computer and humans.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Where is Robotstove, he would be singing Duffy's praises.
  • princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    bizzle wrote: »
    Danny Duffy is a lefty in real life but in the game he is mistakenly a righty. Also, there is no way he is the top 4 star pitcher in the game. 4 arm makes him easy to hit against humans, and 3 control makes him terrible against the computer.

Latos on paper looks pretty darn good. He is a RHP with 5 pitches including 3 different fast*****.

I had Homer Bailey for awhile and he got lit up by both the computer and humans.

Yet, Duffy hits his spots when needed. Even hard hit pitches rarely find a hole. I can score against pitchers with 8 arm and 8 control. But Duffy shut me out during his outing.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    Where is Robotstove, he would be singing Duffy's praises.

Busy playing TSB15 lol.

Amused knows this already, But after I made my run for all players (and didn't quite get there) I did 50 of the 200 gold tourneys to get Duffy back in my lineup.

I replaced Yu Darvish with Duffy, and I Ice Wrap him for Legends playoffs.

He is the man. I just wish I could have had my hands on Cueto or Hernandez to compare though.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Duffy fan in real life. I guess I'm surprised with the success you've had with him in game.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Salazar has not performed well for me against CPU.
    Need to experiment with Latos and Bailey.
    I love Liriano but he's inconsistent. Often gets nailed by CPU because of his 2 Control (OTOH, Chapman, with 1 Control, has been performing consistently well against CPU)
    Duffy has been my favorite 4* SP. I can't decide whether I should have him as my 5th SP or Smyly. Haven't been happy with Smyly as a 4.5* SP - I expect more from him.
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »
    Salazar has not performed well for me against CPU.
    Need to experiment with Latos and Bailey.
    I love Liriano but he's inconsistent. Often gets nailed by CPU because of his 2 Control (OTOH, Chapman, with 1 Control, has been performing consistently well against CPU)
    Duffy has been my favorite 4* SP. I can't decide whether I should have him as my 5th SP or Smyly. Haven't been happy with Smyly as a 4.5* SP - I expect more from him.

Let me save you the trouble, replace Smyly With Bailey. Thats what I did and it works out great
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    J.Lee wrote: »
    Let me save you the trouble, replace Smyly With Bailey. Thats what I did and it works out great

I'll give that a shot, J.Lee.