Toughest pitchers to hit

bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
What type of pitchers do you struggle to hit against?

I have trouble hitting pitchers who have multiple fast***** (2-seam, palmball, sinker, splitter, moving, cutter, etc.)

The pitchers with three fast***** are the most difficult to face. Anibal Sanchez has a fastball, sinker, and cutter. Jon Lester is another one who has at least three fast*****. If you combine the fast***** with high arm and low control they are near impossible to hit.

Edit: Johnny Cueto is another one.

Comments

• thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    Chris Sale and Yu Darvish are the pitchers I struggle with most. I also don't do very well against Felix, but he at least mercifully lets me score 1-2 in his outings
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    I don't really keep track of what pitches do what, but whichever pitch it is that looks like it is going over the plate, then slips away at the last second will catch me swinging 100% of the time.

Sale does this, and had a 9 arm, which makes him one of the most dangerous pitchers for me to face.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    Robotstove wrote: »
    I don't really keep track of what pitches do what, but whichever pitch it is that looks like it is going over the plate, then slips away at the last second will catch me swinging 100% of the time.

Sale does this, and had a 9 arm, which makes him one of the most dangerous pitchers for me to face.

That is Sale's 2-seamer. The cutter has late break in the opposite direction of the 2-seamer. The sinker looks pretty similar to the 2-seamer. The splitter has a really subtle late break on it in downward motion as it crosses the plate, usually resulting in a popup.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    To me Cueto is the most difficult pitcher to hit. I think the crazy motion he has, along with the late breaking movement of his pitches make him a pain to hit consistently.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Agree with Cueto. Darvish sometimes when I'm impatient.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I don't know if anybody notice that after finish one inning, sometimes the game summary will tell you that the pitcher gets wild.
    if a pitcher gets wild, most of the strikes are corner strikes and it is hard to get hits.

One of my memory sticks with me the most is that I played against Felix and he kept throwing side arm curve.
    I had three up three down for three innings. Felix gets wild from the first inning. It is really a nightmare because side arm curve is just like a frees bee. Very hard to contact such type of ball well.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    When my team was mostly Left-handed batters, Cueto was cake, and Kershaw and Bumgarner were brutal.

That changed so much after my team became righties.

Cueto used to be my only guaranteed win against Legends.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Yep the lefty/righty advantage is huge in this game.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Honestly, the pitcher that has given me the most trouble has been Kershaw and Lester. Cueto Sale Darvish Hernandez I've omly faced a couple times and I have at least gotten 5+ runs. However one time I faced Hernandez against this player with 9s for both pitching upgrades..... I didn't get a single hit. Every pitch was on the corner. Tons of popups and fly outs.