Drafting 2nd Rounders

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
How will I know when I've got all them all? I mean all the 2nd round picks that could also be first round picks? Will the game tell me there are no more 2nd round picks available? Or, once I've exhausted all the cross-over (to 1st rounders) 2nd round picks, will the game move to late rounders, even though I may select (and pay for) a 2nd round pick?

Did I communicate that clearly?

Comments

• Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    You will notice as you have a couple left it scrolls through only those names. With one left it will scroll with one name. After you select the last 2nd rounder, it will be blank. There will not be any 1 or 1 1/2 star players to draft. Because they are too low for a 2nd round pick.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Great, thank you Amused!
  • westernwestern Registered Users 4 Posts
    Maybe it is just my game, but i have 1.5 players that show up in my 2nd round pick que. I have all the 2, 2.5, and 3 star players but I still have 1.5, 3 and 3.5 star players in the que. Should that be??
    Have you now tried drafting 1st round picks? Are you getting those lower level players in those picks, too?
    You shouldn't. At that point you should only draft 4.5 and 5 star players from 1st round draft picks, StarCat
  • westernwestern Registered Users 4 Posts
    My late Round draft picks show: 1 star and 1.5 star players

My 2nd Round picks show: 1.5 star, 3.5 star, and 4 star players (all 2, 2.5, and 3 star players have been drafted)

My 1st round picks show: 3.5 star and 4 star players

On the next fan rewards sale I will draft some 1st round players to see what happens. The 3 lower level tournaments also only show 1.5 star players, and it's the same player. I don't even draft 2nd round players anymore because I usually get the 1.5 star players instead of any 3.5 or 4 star players.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Just a quick correction -- 2nd rounders encompass all the 1.5* through 4* players. Should be somewhere in the vicinity of 800 total. Once you've got all the 1.5* through 4* players, the 2nd round pick selection will say something to the effect "you already have all of these, please select another draft option". At that point, start enjoying your 4.5* and 5* players for 75 gold each.
    dtrain, what device do you use? If I can get my lineup where I want, I'll dump the inactives. I have an iPhone 5S, and I'm concerned that I won't be able to work through the strategy because of lag/game crashing.
    I use an iPhone 6. I drafted everybody including the 1* late rounders (1147 inactives when I finished) and I was able to edit my batting lineup, but the pitchers tab crashed every time. It wasn't a big deal though, as the pitchers it left me with after I dumped all the inactives were:

Kershaw 999
    Sale 989
    Kluber 888
    Felix 799
    Bumgarner 798

I drafted about 500-600 players before I decided I was gonna go for it all. When I had 600 inactives the game was still playable for sure, but definitely a little slower load times. When I decided to go for it, I didn't play at all that night. I drafted everybody as fast as I could, then made my lineup changes, and traded all the inactives in. The app will inevitably crash a few times, just be patient and keep on pushing through.
    I'm getting close to being able to pull this off. I have nearly 10,000 gold, $1.4 million blue cash, and approximately 500 2nd round inactive players/2nd round picks won. Maybe about two weeks away, if I keep on the same tack I've been on.

dtrain, how have Bumgarner been performing for you? And what pitchers are in your bullpen?
    Bumgarner was mediocre at best for me. Great W/L record but had a 3.85 era. I've since won a ton more pitchers by doing the 1200 gold tourneys. My rotation now is:

Kershaw 999 (I just can't bench him, 2.2 era in 1000+ innings!)
    Sale 989
    Felix 799
    Jose Fernandez 959
    Strasburg 897 / Cueto 769

StarCat, it sounds like you're very close. You might need just a little bit more gold to be safe. Just make sure you do it when there's a sale on draft picks so you can buy all the first rounders for 75 each.

I think you're probably all set in terms of cash already though. I believe I figured I spent approximately 10,500 in gold when I did it.
    dtrain, do you recall who ended up in your bullpen when you made the Big Draft?
    Glen Perkins 988 - L
    Sean Doolittle 899 - L
    Mark Melancon 799 - R
    Kenley Jansen 979 - R
    Koji Uehara 999 - R

I got rid of Perkins, Doolittle and Melancon eventually and replaced them with:
    Greg Holland 959 - R
    David Robertson 959 - R
    Dellin Betances 969 - R

Might end up putting Melancon back in over Betances, not sure yet.
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Bumgarner was mediocre at best for me. Great W/L record but had a 3.85 era. I've since won a ton more pitchers by doing the 1200 gold tourneys. My rotation now is:

Kershaw 999 (I just can't bench him, 2.2 era in 1000+ innings!)
    Sale 989
    Felix 799
    Jose Fernandez 959
    Strasburg 897 / Cueto 769

StarCat, it sounds like you're very close. You might need just a little bit more gold to be safe. Just make sure you do it when there's a sale on draft picks so you can buy all the first rounders for 75 each.

I think you're probably all set in terms of cash already though. I believe I figured I spent approximately 10,500 in gold when I did it.

Dtrain. Definitely keep Cueto over Strasburg.
    Ya, I know Cueto should be better. But he's been getting shelled for me. 4.10 era compared to Strasburg at 2.35 so far. I keep juggling them, hoping Cueto gets better.
    Glen Perkins 988 - L
    Sean Doolittle 899 - L
    Mark Melancon 799 - R
    Kenley Jansen 979 - R
    Koji Uehara 999 - R.

I think I could live with that bullpen.
    Also, I think it's sort of a race with Glu. Need to get this done before we're forced to move to 2015, where they're only letting players retain 120 inactives.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    I decided to do the late rounders first, then second rounders approach. I got all of them and have 1000 inactives. The iphone6 now crashes anytime I click on team or try to buy further players. The only thing I can do now is play games, and starting/stopping them takes a very long time. Basically my team has become useless now. Too bad. But it's a good excuse to quit I suppose.
    brucen44 wrote: »
    I decided to do the late rounders first, then second rounders approach. I got all of them and have 1000 inactives. The iphone6 now crashes anytime I click on team or try to buy further players. The only thing I can do now is play games, and starting/stopping them takes a very long time. Basically my team has become useless now. Too bad. But it's a good excuse to quit I suppose.

Have you thought about trading the inactives in?
    brucen44 wrote: »

Do you have enough gold to start buying all the first rounders? Try uninstalling the app and re-downloading it and logging back in. And then go for the first round picks. Try to do literally nothing else but draft, as it's hard to navigate thru the app at that point.

I believe I reinstalled the app 2-3 times, and probably closed out and re-launched the app 10-15 times. It was annoying but it eventually worked. I drafted em all at once, didn't try to play or do anything else during that time.
    StarCat wrote: »
    Have you thought about trading the inactives in?

No, that would be kinda pointless since I saved so much cash up to do all this.
    Do you have enough gold to start buying all the first rounders? Try uninstalling the app and re-downloading it and logging back in. And then go for the first round picks. Try to do literally nothing else but draft, as it's hard to navigate thru the app at that point.

I believe I reinstalled the app 2-3 times, and probably closed out and re-launched the app 10-15 times. It was annoying but it eventually worked. I drafted em all at once, didn't try to play or do anything else during that time.

I only have about 8000 gold so I can certainly get most 1st rounders, but as soon as I try to do it, it crashes. Ok I'll give it a try. I think the only problem is that my facebook account does not work anymore, so if I uninstall, I might not be able to log into that same facebook account anymore :(
    Yikes. Lol. That's a dilemma. I only connected mine via email so I have no idea how the whole facebook thing works. Hope it works out for ya.
    Yikes. Lol. That's a dilemma. I only connected mine via email so I have no idea how the whole facebook thing works. Hope it works out for ya.

Yeah I just confirmed that if I remove the app (from an older iphone I have), I can no longer log in. So I can't do the same on my current iphone6 since then my team will be lost. Oh well too bad for me.