TSB fans please read.

SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
I for one, am furious. I decided to try and switch my old device store location to Canada last night... and of course right there was TSB 2015. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. It is literally the exact same game with better graphics. Same players, same outrageous deals for gold, even the "learn to play now" hitters were still the same. I have worked very hard for my team I have right now, but I am unfortunately inclined to quit. This would explain why "support" has cut contact on this thread, and to most of us through customer care. Hopefully this literally is just a huge test, and they will change parts of the game that we all want, since we are the people playing. I am not going to spend a single cent on this game, and I believe many of you will not either. I made a new thread because I want to inform everyone that this TSB 2015 IS LEGIT. There is no point in anyone lying on this forum. But all that we can really hope for is that it is just a beta, that will see some changes that we want to see.

Comments

• bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    Companies like GLU only think short term and this is another example. Eventually they will exhaust their fan base and fade away as a company.
  • solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    I think the silver lining is the TSB 2015 is at version 0.1.0. There is still a long way to go. Look back the current TSB, it took them 3-4 months to go from 0.1.0 to 1.0.0 and lots of features were added. I think there will be more features to be added to this 2015 version.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »
    I think the silver lining is the TSB 2015 is at version 0.1.0. There is still a long way to go. Look back the current TSB, it took them 3-4 months to go from 0.1.0 to 1.0.0 and lots of features were added. I think there will be more features to be added to this 2015 version.

You are correct. However it's starting out as the same game as TSB. That's not giving us much hope. They should've just kept updating the first one. This is extremely disappointing. Thank you SurfinZapdos for reporting this to us. I was about to spend real money on this game.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    You are correct. However it's starting out as the same game as TSB. That's not giving us much hope. They should've just kept updating the first one. This is extremely disappointing. Thank you SurfinZapdos for reporting this to us. I was about to spend real money on this game.
    Yeah man of course. I unfortunately have spent some money on this game. And to know that it all could be for nothing just sucks.
    solarmen wrote: »

And I agree solar men.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    My concern is that everything accumulated by 2014 players can be carried over to the 2015 version. That would keep current players happy and still welcome new players. We have all invested a lot of time, and in many cases dollars, to get where we are with this game.

Flu could choose the above strategy. Or it could turn its back on current users, and simply go after new players thru heavy duty marketing (think Game of War). Few veteran players would be satisfied with this latter strategy. Glu would lose us as customers.

Thing is, Glu could do both. Not only would it be the right thing to do, it would also be a better business strategy.
    I agree starcat. I would love to transfer over my team. I was thinking is the possibility to transfer over your starting roster and subs. Not any inactives we have built up. I would be fine with even that.
  • You're SuspectYou're Suspect Registered Users 8 Posts
    I don't think all hope is lost. I'm taking an educated guess on this. Being a Beta, GLU wouldn't transfer over 2014 teams to 2015 nor would they place us in the same league we're in now (e.g., Legends, HOF, etc...). A conversion from 2014 to 2015 would occur after beta at full release. For those of us who use our Facebook login or email login, I'm suspecting we'll be OK. I'd suspect that if a conversion happens, then they'd place us in the same league we were in 2014 -- otherwise, we'll just wipe the floor with the non-converted teams in the lower levels and scare them off. Another guess is that our inactives wouldn't carry over and that the 2015 version would prevent the loophole of us saving our money and gold to buy every single player.

The point is -- don't freak out that there was no conversion of our progress from 2014 to 2015. That said, GLU would be wise to communicate the plan they have re: conversion and the future of 2014. Until then, spending any money on either is unwise.

In the end, if there is no conversion, then I won't be playing 2015. And I won't be spending anything on 2014 (even getting the free gold by watching the videos) until a plan in communicated.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    I don't think all hope is lost. I'm taking an educated guess on this. Being a Beta, GLU wouldn't transfer over 2014 teams to 2015 nor would they place us in the same league we're in now (e.g., Legends, HOF, etc...). A conversion from 2014 to 2015 would occur after beta at full release. For those of us who use our Facebook login or email login, I'm suspecting we'll be OK. I'd suspect that if a conversion happens, then they'd place us in the same league we were in 2014 -- otherwise, we'll just wipe the floor with the non-converted teams in the lower levels and scare them off. Another guess is that our inactives wouldn't carry over and that the 2015 version would prevent the loophole of us saving our money and gold to buy every single player.

The point is -- don't freak out that there was no conversion of our progress from 2014 to 2015. That said, GLU would be wise to communicate the plan they have re: conversion and the future of 2014. Until then, spending any money on either is unwise.

In the end, if there is no conversion, then I won't be playing 2015. And I won't be spending anything on 2014 (even getting the free gold by watching the videos) until a plan in communicated.

+1. Agreed. No need to have a mass freak out just yet. I'm going to wait and see what happens, there's still quite a ways to go on the new version. Until Glu communicates with us though, it doesn't seem smart to spend any money for the time being.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I agree with you guys too. I'll wait and see. I do enjoy the current version of this game. I will say however, communication has never been Glu's strong point.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    There is one big difference in the games. The number of inactives is limited to just over a 100 in TSB2015, meaning you can't take a run for all players.
    brucen44 wrote: »
    There is one big difference in the games. The number of inactives is limited to just over a 100 in TSB2015, meaning you can't take a run for all players.

Yeah, I have been hearing that. If that is the case when the game is fully released, I will not be playing.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts

Soon or later they will put a limitation of drafting all the players. I thought we all know this gonna happen.
    Key to the game is also the key to reduce game profit.

However, this limitation is not reasonable enough.
    For example, we can play tournament games to get players.
    If there are 102 players in 5 star tournament and I got 100 of them and there are two tournaments left to play.
    Let's say the remaining players are A and B.
    If I win the 101 tournament and I get player A, there is no space left of inactive players.
    If I trade all of the inactive players, I will never get B.
    If I don't trade players, what the next reward player in my 5 star tournament?

This is a my big question mark of TSB 2015 if GLU decides to put a limitation of the numbers of inactive players.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    jemic wrote: »
    Soon or later they will put a limitation of drafting all the players. I thought we all know this gonna happen.
    Key to the game is also the key to reduce game profit.

However, this limitation is not reasonable enough.
    For example, we can play tournament games to get players.
    If there are 102 players in 5 star tournament and I got 100 of them and there are two tournaments left to play.
    Let's say the remaining players are A and B.
    If I win the 101 tournament and I get player A, there is no space left of inactive players.
    If I trade all of the inactive players, I will never get B.
    If I don't trade players, what the next reward player in my 5 star tournament?

This is a my big question mark of TSB 2015 if GLU decides to put a limitation of the numbers of inactive players.

But in those 5 star tournaments you have to spend 1200 gold and if you lose, you lose that gold right? That's a pretty big risk no? Or do you always win them?

Also to get player B, I think you're actually allowed 120 inactives or so, so you should be able to get all of them.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    But in those 5 star tournaments you have to spend 1200 gold and if you lose, you lose that gold right? That's a pretty big risk no? Or do you always win them?

Also to get player B, I think you're actually allowed 120 inactives or so, so you should be able to get all of them.

In 2014 it is 1200 and you get 200 back every win, 100 if you lose.

In 2015 I haven't made it to the point of seeing how much gold the 5* tourney is, or how much it gives per win/loss, but the 4.5* is something like 800 to play (450 in 2014).
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!