Tap Baseball 2015

Comments

• Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Over 1 million downloads of the "original", you think they'd leave that market in limbo and output an totally NEW app? C'mon guys think some fellow Canucks of mine are pulling your leg. Lets see a screenshot etc. Glu might be stupid, but alienating their existing 1 million + clientele, and hoping they stumble across a totally unrelated new ap while always working on updating the old one?
  • RemmyJayRemmyJay Registered Users 36 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Over 1 million downloads of the "original", you think they'd leave that market in limbo and output an totally NEW app? C'mon guys think some fellow Canucks of mine are pulling your leg. Lets see a screenshot etc. Glu might be stupid, but alienating their existing 1 million + clientele, and hoping they stumble across a totally unrelated new ap while always working on updating the old one?

You think we are making up lies that there is a new app.
  • eyefisheyefish Registered Users 15 Posts
    Like I've got nothing better to do than come on a forum and make up lies about a new app?....Give your head a shake Maida
    Moved up from Rookie to Semi-pro, and up pops Semi-pro fan rewards. 24 hours to spend gold
    150 Gold Prince Fielder
    500 Gold Pablo Sandoval
    3000 GOLD Albert Pujols
  • jays9293jays9293 Registered Users 18 Posts
    Does anyone know if you can continue using the old version after setting up the new one? If you install 2015 and say "I'm an existing user", does that kill your team in 2014?
    You can use both at the same time.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/tap-sports-baseball-2015/

For those of us that live outside of Canada, the above link shows TSB 2015 and discusses the app.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/tap-sports-baseball-2015/

For those of us that live outside of Canada, the above link shows TSB 2015 and discusses the app.

Very very good information. The UI seems to be fancy and hope can see more features coming.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Some of the most noteable changes include:

- 12 levels, including one above Legends

- different league and tourney structures, intro ones cost just 1k cash and give 1* players

- no all-time leaderboard

- a couple more achievements and a new "collect all achievements" button which gathers all the rewards you have unlocked so far

- a new weekend tournament called "Prime" which there is very little info about

- ads for Glu games on the outfield fence

- catcher wearing catcher gear

That is all that comes to me off of the top of my head. I am currently the highest level player in the new app, hitting "star" level earlier. The bonus games just have me playing against the last division's playoff team, and the tourneys have me playing playoff teams in order of difficulty.

EDIT: and if you play someone that is your level in a league or tourney game and win, you get a division win

EDIT2: I have a tonne of screenshots that I can post for people in the palringo chat room I lead. Just join and ask in group and I can send them
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    The game is pretty buggy. Entire games disappear all the time. I was drilling a few teams and the next time I logged in those games disappeared. Happened a few times. Also sometimes you can search out a new opponent and not find one. It's a bit frustrating so far.

That being said, I'm hitting made bombs in this game. My team is inferior to my 2014 team, but I seem to be averaging like 3 homers a game.
  • champ_beauchampchamp_beauchamp Registered Users 79 Posts
    Who's excited for Tap Sports Baseball 2016?
    Nah, not me Champ, I'm waiting for 2017 or maybe 2018, or 2019...
  • PunoPuno Registered Users 9 Posts
    The game is pretty buggy. Entire games disappear all the time. I was drilling a few teams and the next time I logged in those games disappeared. Happened a few times. Also sometimes you can search out a new opponent and not find one. It's a bit frustrating so far.

That being said, I'm hitting made bombs in this game. My team is inferior to my 2014 team, but I seem to be averaging like 3 homers a game.

I am getting a bug where it's not keeping track of my inactives properly. I am at 127 inactives and drafted 3 more late rounds and they would show up in the list, but the inactives count stayed at 127. Hand counted them and still get 127. Not sure what is happening
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    @Puno, might the new game limit the amount of inactives you can have?
  • gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    I went from 121 I actives to 85. There are many bugs with this edition so far
    Well TSB has got us again. The new app only lets you keep a max of 120 players. I hit 120 and had so more picks and the number of inactives stayed at 120.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    gregadams wrote: »
    Well TSB has got us again. The new app only lets you keep a max of 120 players. I hit 120 and had so more picks and the number of inactives stayed at 120.

Oh that sucks, no point in playing it then. Back to 2014 for me.
    Looks like it happened to Puno too. I'm at 122 right now but made about 20 more picks. Sent a ticket to GLU asking about this. If I hear anything I sill everyone know. If that's the limit then will go back to 2014 and trade in all my I actives as it doesn't look like GLU is going to address that issue. Very frustrating when its all about money
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    It's still a beta version, I'm sure they are going to fix all the quirks eventually
    I'm hoping too so will keep playing but hold my cash and picks for now.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    gregadams wrote: »

Do you know what the criteria is for which inactives are retained, and which are deleted? Star ranking? Oldest players you drafted? Players at the top or bottom of the inactive list? Random?
    Sorry I haven't checked to find out
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    I suppose a question to ask is, if you hit 120 inactives, does that mean you can then draft the same player twice? I mean say drafting player X on picks 121 and 122, since technically player X won't be added to your roster on pick 121.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    Has anyone is TSB 2015 seen Matt Harvey yet in the game?
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Has anyone is TSB 2015 seen Matt Harvey yet in the game?

No changes to the players, whether inclusions - exclusions - or stat changes, have been made so far.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    Robotstove wrote: »
    No changes to the players, whether inclusions - exclusions - or stat changes, have been made so far.

Interesting, so someone like Jeter is still in the game?
    Sheriff:

I had contacted TSB about the addition of players that were "anticipated" being on MLB rosters this year. It was explained to me that until such players have stats for 2015, they would not be added to TSB. I'm assuming that if Harvey or anyone else is added, it will be at the All-Star break.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Sheriff:

I had contacted TSB about the addition of players that were "anticipated" being on MLB rosters this year. It was explained to me that until such players have stats for 2015, they would not be added to TSB. I'm assuming that if Harvey or anyone else is added, it be be at the All-Star break.

Gotcha, thank you for the answer
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    I haven't been able to find it either. I looked merely out of curiosity. I will not download it once I do see it and would urge everyone else to do the same. I have invested way too much time into the current version like most people on this thread. Here is the deal. I work in product development so I know a thing or two about supply and demand. If people download the game, play it, and spend money on it they will dump the version we all love like a bad habit. If not many people download it and spend money on it then they won't. This is why it seems they are beta testing it in selected markets. To gauge players responsiveness to the game and willingness to spend on a new product. If you really want to see them continue to update this game send them emails expressing your thoughts and feedback. If enough people do that and DO NOT embrace the new game, they will take notice.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Well I agree with you there Jason. I have no plans to download or support the 2015 version.