Record against LEGENDS

baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
So, finally got my record against Legends to 22-44 after winning the latest playoff series. Better than the 1-15 record I had at one time.
Next target is to have equal wins-losses against them, and then start the surge to have a winning record.

Ice packs are the way to go against them. Use your Top 2-3 starters only in all the pitching match ups. And you will see the difference.

Comments

• NTGNTG Registered Users 19 Posts
    I'm 3-52. Usually I just autoplay once I get down big.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Congrats!!

My record against legend is really poor because of too many tests were conducted in the playoff.
    I agree with your point. I remember that when my team was not that strong, I use only 3 pitcher in every game when playing against legend.

Starter: M. Shoemaker + energy bar + ice
    Setup: J. Benoit + energy bar
    Closer: C. Fien

I use these three in every game in the legend playoff because I really don't have much confidence with Alex Wood,Ryu Hyun Jin...etc
  • taxi driverstaxi drivers Registered Users 17 Posts
    I was happy to hang 23 runs on legends a couple of days ago. (final score 23-10)
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Either against Kershaw or Bumgardner I bet.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    jemic, you think that highly of Fien?
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »
    jemic, you think that highly of Fien?

I have responded in your thread.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    StarCat:

Jemic was talking about, when his team was not that strong, those were the pitchers he relied on. I can tell you first hand, Jemic's team is much better than his team of the past!
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I love facing Kershaw and Bumgarner, only problem for me is the Legends are perfectly ready to support those 2 with ridiculous numbers. They usually average 18 runs a game when those 2 pitch. I also have had some success against Cueto (I can't really explain why). It's the Sale/Darvish combo that makes me look like a JV lineup
  • baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
    Beating Kershaw and Bumgarner are 2 sure victories for me too. I haven't lost to both of them in my last 2 playoffs against Legends, also the reason why I have won those 2 series.
    Cueto is the hardest to beat, then Sale. If you can layoff Darvish pitches, you will beat him too.

So, playing against the Legends standard rotation:

Kershaw
    Bumgarner
    Sale
    Cueto
    Darvish,

one should easily beat Kershaw,MadBum and Darvish after 2-3 tries. Then, you need one win against Cueto/Sale and you take the playoffs.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I haven't been able to get the win vs Kershaw or Bumgarner. Usually those scores end up being like 18-13, 15-11 after the Legends pull Kershaw/Bumgarner I'm not consistent enough vs the relievers to pump out that many runs
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Just beat Legends for the 3rd time. On a 10 game win streak vs them now. Don't even remember what it's like to face Darvish anymore! Anyone else ever go on a lucky streak like this?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Congrats Dtrain! Beating Legends 10 games may have a little to do with luck, but mostly game play on your part. Nice job.
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Just beat Legends for the 3rd time. On a 10 game win streak vs them now. Don't even remember what it's like to face Darvish anymore! Anyone else ever go on a lucky streak like this?
    Yeah for DTrain... that's wassup. I have a record of9-68 v them. but I got a good feeling on my next series. I just picked up Howie Kendricks 4* 8/2/6 to make my 2B a little better. also got another relief pitcher Steve Cishek 4 1/2* 9/5/8. and Adam Lind 41/2* 8/6/1 He's my DH