Suggestions on how to edit my lineup

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
So I'vemade my run. Have all the 1st & 2nd Rounders, but I can't edit my lineup - even position players. App crashes as I try to look over the lineup. I have an iPhone 5S. Do I need to get hold of an iPad Air 2 to edit?

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    StarCat:

Once I acquired all the 1st and 2nd rounders, it was slow, but I was able to edit my lineup. It was setting my pitching rotation that caused me the biggest headache. I was able to edit it, but it took multiple tries. However, I'm using an iPad Air.

How many inactives did you end up with?
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    It would crash each time I clicked a player in the active lineup to swap out. So the trick for me was, scroll all the way down your inactives list (slowly if need be) and when you find a guy you want to swap INTO the lineup, click his name to swap him in. This makes sure that the app will only need to then load the info on the players in the active lineup that could be swapped out for that player.

I used an iPhone 6 btw, which should only really be slightly better than the 5S. It takes patience to get your hitters swapped in, but the pitchers were a lost cause for me. After I moved VMart, Harrison, Brantley etc into the lineup/subs, I then traded all the inactives in.
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and then I was able to edit my position players lineup fairly easily. Not having much luck so far with the pitchers. I have 916 inactives.
    Good luck! Let us know your lineup/rotation once you're done. Even if you can't edit your pitchers, you'll still have an awesome rotation and bullpen.
    I guess the iPad Air made more of a difference than I gave it credit for.

I never scroll down, I always use the arrow keys on the side of the player to move forward or back.
    C: Posey
    1B: Abreau
    2B: Gennett
    3B:Beltre
    SS: Tulowitzki
    OF: Harrison
    OF: McCutcheon
    OF: Brantley
    DH: Martinez
    Sub: Altuve
    Sub: Santana
    Sub: Trout

Ace: Kershaw
    SP 2: Kluber
    SP 3: Sale
    SP 4: Bumgarner
    SP 5: Lester (from Fan Rewards; seeing if he does better than King Felix, who is currently inactive)
    Long: Betances
    RP 1: Melancon
    RP 2: Jansen
    SM: Doolittle
    CL: Uehara
    StarCat, we share the same lineups, except I have Cano as my 2nd baseman. Your pitching is very strong. Felix Hernandez hasn't performed well for you? He's my ace, and has been tremendous against humans and CPU.

All your relievers are top notch, but I think Doolittle is very hittable. Do you have Robertson, Grilli, Holland or Benoit? To me they are all harder to hit than Doolittle.
    Agreed - Doolittle and Perkins are the easiest 5 star RP to hit. Personally I'd move Doolittle to your Long reliever spot, since that's the least used reliever at least in my experience.

Felix will probably end up being your best or second best starter. If I had to guess I'd say Lester might end up in your rotation, along with Felix, and Bumgarner will probably hit the bench.

Congrats on the new team!
    Thanks. Felix was doing fine - just want to be checking Lester out. Pitcher who hasn't been doing well is Jansen. But it's all early. I did have all those relievers, but I couldn't access my pitching lineup once I had them, so I had to trade all my inactives in :(
    No worries StarCat, your team is loaded as is. Jansen will turn out just fine for you.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    You got 4 lefties. Sale and Lester are best. If you can grab a righty or two I'd say drop Bumgardner and Kershaw.
    How about Wainwright & Kluber instead of Kershaw & Bumgartner?
    Give them a shot for sure. Kluber was pretty good for me for a long time. I used him until I got Jose Fernandez. Wainwright wasn't that great for me, but others have had success with him. I benched him after just 10-15 starts and a 4.0+ era.

I still use Kershaw, have never taken him out of my lineup. He's awesome for me vs humans and CPU. I just have never used him vs Legends yet and don't really plan to. Here's my current rotation:

Clayton Kershaw 148-5, 2.32 era, 1.02 whip, 13.1 K/9
    Felix Hernandez 128-11, 2.66 era, 1.01 whip, 10.5 K/9
    Chris Sale 118-7, 2.67 era, 1.04 whip, 12.7 K/9
    Jose Fernandez 33-2, 2.22 era, 1.03 whip, 13.6 K/9
    Johnny Cueto 11-0, 3.21 era, 0.95 whip, 11.1 K/9
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    Dtrain is your pitching @ all 9's
    StarCat, by any chance do you have Darvish, Tanaka or Strasburg? I think all three are better than Kershaw and Mad Bum.

But to answer your question, yes I think Kluber is better than both. Wainwright is probably a toss up.
    No, don't have Darvish, Tanaka or Starsburg. Well, I did, but, well, you know.... What's the best strategy to go after any of those three? Or Jose Fernandez? It's gonna take a lot of time and gold to go through "The Best of the Best" 1200 gold tournament. Wouldn't mind one or two SRs, too.
    I think you're right, it would take a lot of time and gold. I just think you might be better off to wait and see if one of them is offered as a top tier reward, and even then I'm not sure any are truly worth spending 15,000+ gold on. See what happens with the TSB before spending any money to bolster your team. From what I saw from your roster, you should dominate Legends with your hitting. Push comes to shove, just ice pack the King.
    Dtrain is your pitching @ all 9's

Yep everything is 9 except for catcher arm, infield arm and outfield arm. Those are 8's.
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    I think you're right, it would take a lot of time and gold. I just think you might be better off to wait and see if one of them is offered as a top tier reward, and even then I'm not sure any are truly worth spending 15,000+ gold on. See what happens with the TSB before spending any money to bolster your team. From what I saw from your roster, you should dominate Legends with your hitting. Push comes to shove, just ice pack the King.

You're right. I'm getting greedy now :)
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Yep everything is 9 except for catcher arm, infield arm and outfield arm. Those are 8's.

ok I need to upgrade to help out my pitchers