Which pitchers to use against Legends?

nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
I almost have all players possible. I'm trying to figure out which pitcher to put in against the Legends. So far, my rotation includes Felix Hernandez, Kershaw, Sale, Jose Hernandez, and Kluber. My upgrades for both pitching are 8 & 9. But it seems that the Legends always have a big inning where they score 5 or 6 runs, especially after I just scored a couple of runs. I don't have Cueto yet. I was wondering from players with experience which pitchers do you use against the Legends with real success?

Comments

• tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Lose Kershaw

Consensus thought I'm not there yet is add Cueto
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    nyynym wrote: »
    I almost have all players possible. I'm trying to figure out which pitcher to put in against the Legends. So far, my rotation includes Felix Hernandez, Kershaw, Sale, Jose Hernandez, and Kluber. My upgrades for both pitching are 8 & 9. But it seems that the Legends always have a big inning where they score 5 or 6 runs, especially after I just scored a couple of runs. I don't have Cueto yet. I was wondering from players with experience which pitchers do you use against the Legends with real success?

The bullpen I wanted to build for Legends and test it would have been:

Cueto
    Hernandez
    Duffy
    Fernandez
    Sale

But the only one of those I have ever used against Legends is Duffy. Ice Wrap him every time.

Also, it doesn't matter what pitcher you use, Legends team will ignite them at points.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Honestly you will be fine with Cueto and Hernandez, then ice wrap. Those two are the best in my opinion against legends. Fernandez and Sale are good. But your best odds are to use the two I mentioned. But since you don't have Cueto, I give Fenandez a slight edge over Sale
  • baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
    Amused is spot on. I just won my 10th series against the Legends, and I have been using only King Felix and Cueto with ice packs. After these 2, I would only go for Jose Fernandez. Lefties are not good in the rotation at all, be it starters or relievers. Sale is the only exception.

Since you have all players, then in relief, use Melancon, Dellin Betances, Ken Giles, Kanley Jensen and Koji Uehara (all righties again).
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Thanks guys! I still have about 15 players to draft, so I'm still waiting for Cueto and Betances to join my team.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    NY:

The advice you have received is excellent. For now use King Felix and Fernandez. As good as Sale is against humans, I have found Tanaka does much better against Legends.
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Update: I ice wrapped King Felix 4 times and swept the legends in four! The first three games were high scoring but the fourth I won 5-3. Thanx for the advice!
  • baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
    Awesome. Glad it worked for you.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Nice job. And baseball_fan is right about the relievers. The ones he mentioned are spot on.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Outstanding job NY!!! Sweeping Legends is no easy task.