Problems with Jose Abreu

MoneyballerMoneyballer Registered Users 1 Posts
I have Jose Abreu and he's rated at 9 9 2. But he sucks. He's hitting .180 with only 5 home runs in like 250 at bats. And it's not that I suck, I have hitters rated way below him hitting over .300. Does anyone else have this problem with him?

Comments

• nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    How long did you play him? Give him some time, he started slow with me too but now he's almost hitting 400.
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Same happened with me. When I was using franchise coins he did well most the time though. He is off/on like any other player but he will pick up.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    What are your hitting upgrades? I guarantee his numbers will go up. He's hitting .381 with a HR every 11.1 AB for me. Similar to Tulo. And that is around 5000AB with him.
  • baseball_fanbaseball_fan Registered Users 45 Posts
    Surprsing Abreu hasn't been great for you. After Tulo, Abreu is beast of a hitter in my lineup.
    2400 ABs Avg: .346 HRs: 144 AB/HR: 17.2 RBIs: 600

But my upgreades are all 9. Wonder if that could be a reason?
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    WOW Amused!!! A HR every 11 swings is insane!!!

For me Abreu ONLY hits a HR every 16.7 at bats, BUT is batting .401 in just under 5,000 at bats.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Like Giancarlo Stanton for me. Started off like 4-35 with 4 HRs. I thought that was pretty outrageous. He's doing way better for me now. Everyone on here is right and it just takes time!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    WOW Amused!!! A HR every 11 swings is insane!!!

For me Abreu ONLY hit a HR every 16.7 at bats, BUT is batting .401 in just under 5,000 at bats.

I know Lawman. I was surprised myself when I looked it up. Tulo is 12.5 and Vmart is 14.9.
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    Stop trying to hit a HR every at bat and you should see his numbers improve drastically.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Bizzle:

I actually don't hit as many HR's as most. Like real baseball, I try and hit the ball where it's pitched. I can't ask for anything more from Abreu, as a right handed hitter in this game, and still hit .401 is superb in my eyes. Brantley and VMart are the only two with higher averages on my team. You would think that Tulowitzki with his 9/9 hitting and power would be equal to Abreu, but he's batting .383