Switched pitchers around for Legends matchup

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
This evening before starting my series against Legends, I took out all of my regular starters (Hernandez, Cueto, Fernandez, Sale and Darvish). I wanted to see how a new group would do, without any ice packs.

I used the following pitchers in this order: Matt Shoemaker, Adam Wainwright, Mike Fiers, Zack Greinke, and Julio Teheran.

Game #1. Lost 13-11. Shoemaker 6 innings 10 earned runs
Game #2. Lost 10-9. Wainwright 6 innings 7 earned runs
Game #3. Won 16-7. Fiers 6 innings 5 earned runs (not bad, and I was surprised)
Game #4. Won 14-12. Greinke 6 innings 10 earned runs (thought he might do better)
Game # 5. Won. 8-7. Teheran 6 innings 4 earned runs (pitched good)
Game #6. Lost 16-5. Shoemaker 6 innings 12 earned runs (gave up 8 in 1st inning and I lost interest)
Game #7. Won 13-6. Wainwright 6 innings 3 earned (great outing!)

I wish I would have put Teheran up higher in the rotation to see if his turn was a fluke or not. Other than him, Wainwright pitched well enough both times to keep me in the game. Shoemaker flat out sucked, and Greinke was disappointing.

Amused, that was my 24th Legends series victory. Just an aside, I did use my regular relievers for this experiment.
Robertson, Benoit, Holland, Jensen and Betences.

Comments

• J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    I ice wainwright every time and it works out well. I've even used Duffy after all the rave reviews about him and that's also worked out well
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Wow you had to pile on a lot of runs just to win those games. Great job. I'm not sure if you have Greinke or Sanchez, but my first few legend wins, they did really good. Most start were 4 runs or less. But yea, that 8 runs in the 1st, definitely takes your interest in the game away.
  • ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    Amused:

I believe I have accomplishment a pretty rare feat. I beat Legends twice in one day. I had all that worthless blue cash and decided to auto play bonus games until I reached the Legend's playoffs. Legends victories 25 & 26 were obtained sir, 4-1 and 4-0 respectively. I used my usual starters: Hernandez, Cueto, Sale, Fernandez and Darvish.

As a result, I picked up an extra 1,000 in gold from Legends, and some daily gold from leaderboard. Blue cash really has no other use for me at this point.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Great job!! 24 wins against legend is a great mile stone.
    Fiers and Teheran also put me much trouble. Their stats are not great but somehow you can not get hits from them easily.
    Thanks Jemic! Teheran is pretty tough for me to hit too.

Please don't cheat me of my Legends victories, it's 26!!! LOL!!!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    That's solid Lawman. I've not played much of late so I haven't faced legends in a while. I honestly don't remember where I was at in number of series wins. Somewhere where you are. Who knows you probably the king of Legends in terms of wins. Awesome job!!!!!
    No sir, there is only one "Slayer of Legends" and it's you!!!

Amused, I've gotten so accustomed to their starting rotation pitcher's tendencies, that I think I have their number. I scored a "career" high 29 runs against them in a series clincher. It's facing the pitchers that I don't see very often that pose the most difficulties.