Justin Verlander 2 stars. Seriously?

JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
I know he had an off year last year, but that seems a bit low. I think dating Kate Upton would have the best of us off their game :-) Cliff Lee hasn't been a stud for a few years now and he is at least a 4. I may be a little partial since I am a born, bred, and corn fed Tigers fan, but I don't think my logic is off here. He has been lights out this spring too.

Comments

• bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    He was one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball last year. He is accurately rated. This is coming from a born and raised Tigers fan.
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    bizzle wrote: »
    He was one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball last year. He is accurately rated. This is coming from a born and raised Tigers fan.

That's a bit harsh don't you think? He was 15-12 that's far from the worst in baseball. He is still a stud.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    He went 15-12 but he had a 4.54 era and 1.40 whip. Those were 8th worst and 6th worst in the majors last year (out of 150 starting pitchers).

This year is a huge year for him. Needs to prove he still has it in him to be decent. He got shelled today and in his last spring training start.
  • bizzlebizzle Registered Users 75 Posts
    Please don't ever use W/L record to judge the merits of a starting pitcher.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I love Verlander, but he no longer is a good pitcher. Like D-Train stated he had a 4.54 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP. He never really fooled a batter he overpowered them on pure stuff in his good years, but he no longer has the stuff to blow it by like he used to.
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    He no question has the power he once did, but was hitting 95-96 today even though he got roughed up. It's still very early. He had a bad year and believe he will bounce back. Of course not to where he once was, but will be substantially better than last year and 2 stars ��
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Lets not forget the year the Giants lit him up in the world series ahem* Pablo Sandoval�������� but seriously I can agree 2 stars is silly. But we could say the same about many of the starting pitchers in this game.