Options

No rhyme or reason to triples

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
Anyone else notice that there is really no consistency with getting a triple? I have had players with 7-9 speed ratings hit the ball down the line and it rolls along the fence for what seems long enough for an inside the park home run, nevertheless a triple, only to get a double.

The reason I'm bringing this up, was that I just had a game in which Buster Posey had three triples! C'mon, he has a 1 speed rating. Based on this occurring, I'm starting to think triples are just random, and have little to do with speed attributes or where the ball is hit.

Comments

• Options
    thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I've noticed the exact same thing. Yadier Molina hits more triples than anyone I've ever had on my team
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    The faster/harder the hit gets to the wall the more likely you get a triple. It's not how long it stays at the wall. Not accurate to true hitting but that's what the game does.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Lawman I noticed too. Never could figure out what will be triple. I agree has nothing to do with the hitters speed rating. I agree with tabatti that hits in the gap or over the head to right and right center that are line drives tend to be triples over ones where it's a slow fly all that splits the gap and it takes the outfielder forever to get there.