Scooter, Cano, or Altvue???

JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
Who should I slot into the 2B position and why?

Comments

• ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    If you have a dominant right handed lineup, I would use Gennett or Cano to add a lefty. I have Cano in my lineup, but the skill attributes for the two are identical. If you don't have a lot of speed in your lineup, put in Altuve.

I always use a left handed batter if given the choice, as they tend to hit for higher average in this game.

Also, the power rating for Gennett and Cano is 5, so they will outperform Altuve in that area as well.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Who should I slot into the 2B position and why?

I like Altuve. There aren't many 9-hit, 9-speed players so you have to use what you can!

I have both Cano and Gennett in my subs.

Which outfielders are you using?
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I go with Altuve. Even though Lawman makes a great point about a righty dominant lineup. He's just always been my second baseman. The 2 extra power and lefty will probably get a higher BA and HR/AB. Like the 9 speed. Against players who have a 9 catcher rating or legends it seems 9's steal % is better then even a 7-8. And Cano/Gennett are both 5. With Brantley and Vmart I have two lefties, and Altuve is hitting over .380 for me. Cano/Gennett are probably the better choice, but I've stuck with Altuve.
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    Robotstove wrote: »
    I like Altuve. There aren't many 9-hit, 9-speed players so you have to use what you can!

I have both Cano and Gennett in my subs.

Which outfielders are you using?

JD Martinez, McCutchen, and Trout. I want to give Altvue a shot, but Gennet has been a beast for me so far. My fastest guy is Todd Frazier at an 8.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    JD Martinez, McCutchen, and Trout. I want to give Altvue a shot, but Gennet has been a beast for me so far. My fastest guy is Todd Frazier at an 8.

Instead of swapping Gennett for Altuve, you could consider swapping JD Martinez for Ben Revere (I am assuming you still have all your players).

There really appears to be code in TSB which limits the batting average of your players, for which Revere's infield hits seem to bypass. After 20,000 at-bats he was hitting .438 for me, better than any 5 star player I had. On top of a 90% SB record, he's the man.

Altuve cannot get the same batting average because 2 power doesn't allow for as many infield hits.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!