TSB 2015 - why are y'all even interested?

StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
Can't understand what folks would see in that version that is so far so inferior to the original. D-Train's not going to bother with more 2014 tourneys, Mixx Master is talking about giving up on the original...what gives?

Comments

• Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I'm not going to 2015. I spent enought time on this version.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    I don't understand the intrigue either. Of course everyone loves new things, but as it stands, the 2015 game is almost identical to this version and really is not worth downloading. If they ever get around to adding some cool new features and update the rosters and player ratings, I could see it being a little bit interesting. Until then, sorry, not worth it.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I guess some people want to play with the ridiculously overrated David Ortiz...
  • JasonkarwoskiJasonkarwoski Registered Users 49 Posts
    It's all about the Benjamin's for Glu. The first version of TSB if you are strategic and intelligent enough can be mastered and there is no more need for the player to continue to spend money on the game. TSB 15 has been engineered so that will never be the case. If you download it and become fully vested in the game, and people will, that will never be the case. As long as there are people that spend excessively on apps, Glu will find ways to keep in their wallets/purses. In reality, those that follow this forum are the minority of players unfortunately. The majority don't even know this forum exists and dump money continuosly into the game hoping to make it to the promised land, not knowing that if they read a few of the threads on here they could conquer the game as most of us have. TSB 2015 will take off in lieu of the stance most of us have taken. Glu reads these forums, trust me. The problem is that they see the same 30-40 posting out of the thousands that play. Not good odds for those that are hoping for the best and fairest playing experience.
  • westbury dragonswestbury dragons Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Restart tsb2015 without my players ? No thank you.
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »
    Can't understand what folks would see in that version that is so far so inferior to the original. D-Train's not going to bother with more 2014 tourneys, Mixx Master is talking about giving up on the original...what gives?

Don't worry Star.. I'm not going anywhere... I spent too much to give up. plus I Gotta get my team better to try to beat the heavy hitters of this game. I was just venting....
  • StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    Right on, Mixx.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    For Glu to do this to their most loyal customers tells me all I need. And a 9 10 2 David Ortiz? Pass
  • westbury dragonswestbury dragons Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I'm not sure if it's a good business decision because we are the customers that will or will not play tap sports football.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    I played TSB2015 a lot recently. Just want to see how far I can go.
    There are some improvements made in TSB2015 but those improvements are less than we requested.
    I don't know how TSB2014 will be in the future but the development progress seems to be in the pending state.
    I think it is one of the reason that I see there are more people playing TSB2015 than TSB2014.
    If you have time, you can give TSB2015 a try. Though the game content is the same, you can enjoy the new graphics design.
  • Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    When I heard about 2015 I wasn't planning on playing it unless we could upload our rosters, but I ended up doing it and am having a lot of fun. In 2014 I've beat the legends multiple times, so it almost feels like I've completed the game. Granted, I know there are a ton of people with far more success and better teams than I have. I don't plan on spending any money on 2015 (I "only" spent $60 on the last game), I think have enough experience that I can get a really good team for free. And as someone else said, most of the fun comes from building up a team from the bottom.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    I was interested because I felt I had achieved everything I wanted to in 2014 and I thoroughly enjoy building teams more than anything.

So I built 4 teams in 2015.

My prmary account made it to the highest tier, and just completely lost interest. It takes 200 games to get to the playoffs, and right now it is just the same playoff team in 2014 with a different pitching order. (The 2015 "Legends" playoffs is the 2014 legends team with 8 upgrades instead of 9).

Not to mention that levelling up hampers your ability to get into the free gold from leaderboards.

Pretty much everything is more difficult or more boring in 2015 than in 2014, and the one big difference (The Prime events) are pay-to-win only.

Needless to say I was interested, but am no longer.... at all.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    I am 100% with robot on this one. I could not resist a new game and I tried it out, and have decided the game is rubbish. Events are 150% pay to win. You must autoplay to keep your prime event streak going, causing you to lose the prime purpose of the game.... TO PLAY BALL. After this weekends fan rewards I am 163-21 and have it played the majority of the wins and the majority of the losses. Oh and the "fan rewards" I saw had trout listed at 30k gold... Like legit 30k gold. Stick with 2014.
  • Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    Yeah I'm pretty much done with 2015 as well. The events in 2015 completely ruin the game IMO.