Roster management system in TSB2015

jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
[This algorithm is only usable for drafting system and it is not for reward system]

There are two problems in TSB 2014 and has been addressed by GLU in TSB 2015
1. User can draft all the players with the minimum expense and doing this will decrease GLU's profit.
2. After getting all the players, TSB becomes unstable.

The roster management system has been redesigned to fix these two problems.
There are three important features in this system.
1. The roster space size is fixed if draft player is not a 5 star player.
2. The roster space will be dynamically adjusted after drafting a player. There are two conditions which will let the size of the inactive list to be increased. Please see below figure.
3. The roster management system will never drop a 5 star player unless you get a prime player from fan reward

I draw a flow graph below to demonstrate how it works.
tsb_zps9zxtu3l1.png

This new system has one advantage and one disadvantage.
Advantage: The system will never drop a 5 star player so if you have a chance to get all of them, your inactive list size will be increased.
Disadvantage: The player below 5 star will be dropped automatically back to the pool once if you draft another player who is also below 5 star. This could let you spend a lot of money to get 5 star player from drafting because you could draft the same player again.

My recommendation is to get 5 star players from event, fan reward because drafting becomes an uncertain thing and probably let you bankrupt.

[EDIT]
Thanks for solarmen's correction. If size of the inactive list is OK, the 5 star player will be added.

[EDIT]
After I am aware of the prime players, the roster management system algorithm should be adjusted a little.
The prime players should be treated as 6-star player in this game so if you get a prime player, the worst 5 star player will be kicked out from your team. The entire logic is still the same but the criteria to drop player(6/5/4 star) will be changed.

Comments

• solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    So if you draft a 5-player and the list size is OK, you still get one player dropped? I don't get it.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    solarmen wrote: »
    So if you draft a 5-player and the list size is OK, you still get one player dropped? I don't get it.
    Thanks for the correction
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    What is the list size limit for non-5 stars?
    brucen44 wrote: »
    What is the list size limit for non-5 stars?

I don't know the exact number but it may work as the following.

If the amount of five star players doesn't exceed 30(uncertain), the list size will be 30(uncertain).
    Once if you have more than 30(uncertain) five star players, the roster space could be

batters: the amount of 5 star batter + 1~2(uncertain) additional spaces which store non 5 star batters
    pitchers: the amount of 5 star pitchers + 1~2(uncertain) additional spaces which can store non 5 star pitchers

Please note that the numbers are rough estimation based on the roster management flow.
    jemic wrote: »
    I don't know the exact number but it may work as the following.

If the amount of five star players doesn't exceed 30(uncertain), the list size will be 30(uncertain).
    Once if you have more than 30(uncertain) five star players, the roster space could be

batters: the amount of 5 star batter + 1~2(uncertain) additional spaces which store non 5 star batters
    pitchers: the amount of 5 star pitchers + 1~2(uncertain) additional spaces which can store non 5 star pitchers

Please note that the numbers are rough estimation based on the roster management flow.

What if there are ZERO 5 star players on your roster. What is the size limit for inactives?
    What if there are ZERO 5 star players on your roster. What is the size limit for inactives?

It should be a fixed size around 30.
    It should be a fixed size around 30.

But I've been drafting only late rounders and I have almost a 100 in my inactive list.
    But I've been drafting only late rounders and I have almost a 100 in my inactive list.
    Android or IOS?
    I can't draft that much on my Android device.
    android or ios?
    I can't draft that much on my android device.

ios..........

I think the limit is 120 I read somewhere.
    ios..........

I think the limit is 120 I read somewhere.

Noted. Thanks.
    The inactive list length limitation may be vary across different device but it is fixed based on some scenario in TSB 2015.
    I don't have the exact number of this limitation so I really appreciate if somebody could report these numbers.
    Anyway, I think GLU design this algorithm to protect their profit but also let us have some flexibility to retain 5 star players.
  • RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    The limit was 120 upon beta release, and was cut down to 30 before US release. I haven't tested since US release to see if they changed anything since.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • PunoPuno Registered Users 9 Posts
    Robotstove wrote: »
    The limit was 120 upon beta release, and was cut down to 30 before US release. I haven't tested since US release to see if they changed anything since.

Ya this is correct from my experience. 120 beta, after1.01 patch down to 30
  • Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    So we're down to 30. And it drops your worst in order. Anyone have an idea of how good your 30 need to look like to get a #1 Draft pick vs a First? I have 30 now. Was offered a first around 10 guys. Hoping I don't have to upgrade this 30 too significantly before getting the offer.
  • Bulldog55DBulldog55D Registered Users 13 Posts
    I waited for a while and never got the #1 pick ended up just going first round.
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Mine has been 33 for two days
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I've now drafted Zack Cozart about 10x :|
  • unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    what's the best way to acquire 5-star players if not through the draft?