So I've arrived at Legends playoffs, but...

alloveroberalloverober Registered Users 25 Posts
...I've gone 1-8 in my first 8 games. And I've gotten thrashed all 8 losses.

Anyhow, I feel like my team isn't ready to play them yet. My upgrades are all at 6, my pitching is all 4 star players except for James Shields (4.5), and my hitting is mostly 4 and 4.5 star players.

So I'm thinking I will just keep playing for a while instead of restarting the playoffs. My question is, when do you guys think I'll be able to stand a reasonable chance? What do I need to upgrade/what kinds of players do I need?

Thanks!

Comments

• tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    You'll need your upgrades at 9 for both the hitting and pitching categories at minimum. You need all your pitchers to have 9 stuff is also the consensus which is basically all 5 star except for Duffy. Need more players with 8/9 Hit rating. Others with more experience can chime in with more feedback.

You advanced too quickly before building your players and upgrades.

Good luck.
  • alloveroberalloverober Registered Users 25 Posts
    tbatti wrote: »
    You'll need your upgrades at 9 for both the hitting and pitching categories at minimum. You need all your pitchers to have 9 stuff is also the consensus which is basically all 5 star except for Duffy. Need more players with 8/9 Hit rating. Others with more experience can chime in with more feedback.

You advanced too quickly before building your players and upgrades.

Good luck.

Thanks! I'm still winning games against other people in Legends, so I'll just keep playing and pile up some more gold and picks.
  • bz237bz237 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I just finally got through the HOF playoffs and on my way to Legends. Anyone know why my wins may not be tallying? It still says 0 of 50 but I've won a bunch.
  • RemmyJayRemmyJay Registered Users 36 Posts
    Since you just finished playoffs, you might be playing teams in a tier lower than you right now. They have to be in the same tier (ie Legends) or higher to get the win for that level
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    ...I've gone 1-8 in my first 8 games. And I've gotten thrashed all 8 losses.

Anyhow, I feel like my team isn't ready to play them yet. My upgrades are all at 6, my pitching is all 4 star players except for James Shields (4.5), and my hitting is mostly 4 and 4.5 star players.

So I'm thinking I will just keep playing for a while instead of restarting the playoffs. My question is, when do you guys think I'll be able to stand a reasonable chance? What do I need to upgrade/what kinds of players do I need?

Thanks!

Don't feel bad I have over 90 losses before I won but keep playing and use right hand hitters try Duffy as one of your pitchers. he fairs well against them get your base running to 6 or above and drive the ball to right field. runners usually go from 1st to 3rd a lot. stay with it you'll get over the hump.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    It took me along time to beat legends the first time. My upgrades were at a 7 and I had only 1 5 star pitcher and hitter. My record was like 30-120 before I beat them. Since then my team has improved and I've beaten them over 30 times now. Most times now it's a sweep or I only lose one game. But I've been playing since the beginning. Give it time and realize it will happen. Take your lumps, and learn their pitchers tendencies. Good luck!!
  • alloveroberalloverober Registered Users 25 Posts
    I beat the Legends!!!

After posting here, I decided to save up for the run at all players. I snagged my dream team, had to trade everyone in bc of the lag and beat them later that day!